}
Wednesday, June 02, 2004
a zebra and a goldfish
Last night, I went to the gym. For the first time in my life.

I felt like a zebra amongst horses. I was in a place totally alien to me... and silly as it is, I feared the treadmill. I feared that I may be a real-life reprise of people stumbling and falling on their faces ala America's Funniest Home Videos. Okay, I'm digressing... back to being a zebra. Aside from the fact that I've never set foot inside a gym, I set foot with the totally wrong outfit. Background: I open my gym bag and (gasp!) I grabbed my black coat instead of my black jogging pants?!? Someone tampered with my effort to make sure everything was prepared. I distinctly remember setting all the needed stuff on my couch two days before. Pucha. So there I was, a zebra in army green drawstring pants.

The instructor was kind enough to walk me through the whole program. My warm-up was 15 minutes on this reclined bike thing. The longest 15 freakin' minutes of my life. While catching my breath, she then explained to me the stretches, and the machines and the sequence of the stuff I was to do. So, first would be crunches. And after that, you need to stretch a certain way (she demonstrates). And we went on to the second, the third... so on and so forth, each exercise with a corresponding stretch. Thought balloon: how the fuck am I going to remember all these things?!? I have the memory of a goldfish. I forget the first as soon as we move onto the second. I look around and see all the other people... they know what they're doing. Shit. This is worse than being lost in the big ocean finding nemo.

So there.

Oh by the way, I used the treadmill. I got dizzy after. And I met my new best friend. His name is Ben Gay.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:46 AM  

0 Comments:

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger