}
Monday, August 30, 2004
a baffling thing
I was buying a new pack of ponytails yesterday, because my Goody set of 80 ouchless ponytails have run out. And I came to recall that my officemates and I talked about this sometime back, that no matter how careful you are, ponytails will always get lost. I tried to discipline myself about this - because the ones that could hold my hair up well don't come cheap.

I tried buying them expensive Goody ones, the really thick ones, so I had the mind to be more careful (knowing that it cost me almost 300 bucks for a set of 12). But then they one by one got lost, at a slower rate, but still they got lost. Now I'm back to buying cheap ones, that come in utterly vibrant colors so I can easily spot them. And yet they went awol. I'd have to admit that sometimes I break them, but that probably just accounts for around 10% of the losses. The rest, well, I don't know.

So where have all the ponytails gone? I'm sure all of the girls can relate. Is there a big underground haven of lost ponytails? Because no matter how much you comb through your house (beneath the bed, corners of couches, in jean pockets, or bags), these things just can't be found. Does the earth just swallow them up? Do they die and go to heaven? It's one of life's mysteries. The Discovery Channel should do a special on it.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:03 AM  

9 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Rina said…

    the disappearing ponytail act, one of the world's greatest mysteries. haha!! foz...er dez, so nice to find you here too. bloggers online, the next budding commmunity. keep 'em coming!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    Do you believe in time travel or teleportation? I believe that if you attach some sort of tracking device to your ponytails, socks, pens, and other items that frequently disappear, you will learn the secrets of time travel & teleportation.

    I also believe that I haven't had enough sleep for my mind to be functioning properly.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:05 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    Waaaaahhhh!!! So can relate!!! Now I make it a habit that everytime I remove a ponytail, I tie/ twirl it around my brush handle. So far, so good!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    so far i've lost nothing of the chipetik ponytails i just bought. i'd take your advice cat, but the thing is... i don't have a brush! i don't even comb my hair! hehe.

    coz i'd probably lose that too...

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    err dez.. why was my post removed????!!! all i said was SO TRUE!!! labo chong..

    ~asphaire

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    ack! ano ba to. i even lost your comment! and it's never to be found again, like my gazillion lost ponytails...

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's almost the same thing for us guys... but it's not ponytails... it's the LEFT sock!!! Rarely happens to the right one... 'has to be the LEFT ONE!!! Our socks and your ponytails are probably laughing at us right now... in some weird warp... portal... thingy (damn... I can't be a nerd!!! A freak is what I am!!!)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger