}
Thursday, August 26, 2004
the death of chivalry
This post is kind of late in the game - this happened Wednesday, but I didn't think much of it at the time. But last night, as I recounted the events, I thought that it deserved online presence.

I was on my way to some consumer research. Client was there and I was bringing along my producer and copywriter (both guys, as in hindi bading) for a squeezed-in PPM. I had a laptop, 3 VHS tapes, 3 file folders and my handbag. When we were hailing a cab, none of them offered to help. Furthermore, they didn't hail the cab. I did. Thought balloon: What the fuck? Hello?!? Lady who needs your help here? Leche. Mga walang kwenta.

Copywriter sits on the driver's side. Producer sits with me at the back. When we get to our destination, I pay the fare. I hear slamming of doors. Poh-tangina. None of these guys opened the door for me. For perspective, it was drizzling. I ranted out loud and the cab driver laughed and shook his head. Up until we climbed to the floor where I was meeting client (the third fucking floor), none of these guys offered any of their beefed-up arms for any of the things I was carrying. Thought balloon part 2: Packingshet. Ano ba?!? Are they really like this? Did their mothers even teach them how it is to be a gentleman? Or do they just hate me? The only reason for which is that I am an AE (their AE to be exact).

So guys, be honest. H'wag na kayo magpanggap. If you hate a person (for some reason or another - ket mababaw or may natatanim na malalim na poot), would you ignore the code of chivalry purposely? Could you restrain that supposedly inherent mark of a gentleman (assuming you are bred that way), if the person you were to exhibit that gentlemanliness to was a lady you despised?

I am at a loss. I throw my hands up to such men, who I think I shall not call men. Not even boys. Maggots.
dezphaire strapped in @ 8:40 AM  

7 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    haha i just wrote a post about how men are from pluto.. in one day, i had three doses of 'packingshet labo mo chong' deals. But with this one.. pucha, saludo ako sa dalawa mong alalay. Hands down, panalo. Maggots? Not even.

    And speaking of AE.. that's old news. Well, i know about Saatchi's reputation. I guess your new "pantay-pantay ang accounts and creatives" restructuring hasnt had positive effects on your creative kings yet?

    Anyhow... they don't hate you. They are just plain idiots.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    You're right. The marriage as we call it is on shakey ground. We're bordering on divorce. Those people downstairs who think they are upstairs aren't really keeping their end of the bargain.

    At tangina... ang sarap nilang pag-untugin. Kung pwede lang ihampas sa mga mukha nila yung laptop.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Now we know who are the men and women in your marriage.

    The women do everything, the men don't give a fuck in helping out the wife.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jayvee says : *ack*gasp*choke* mukang sobrang obvious that you needed help there. i admit i may be an ass at many times more than one with women but i'd never let the lady become the bag lady.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    there are only rare instances of chivalry today. you see, people like us lost our horses way way back, mine died because his hoof got stuck in some railroad in the prairie, and the train was coming.

    after king arthur, everything chivalry, like courtly love, the romances, prince charming, etc, got flushed out. 9th century ad.

    kaya hindi ka na makahahanap. and usually, guys who would be doing the stuff you're looking for are either wanting to be in a relationship with you or is in the early part of a relationship with you. but then, again, may mga rare instances.

    if you're lucky.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    hay. ewan. as i said, i throw my hands up to these packing shet moments. and guys say that girls are hard to understand...

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In my opinion.. either they dont like you (as in not attracted kaya wapakels sa effort) or because they think you are just a subordinate.
    But yeah, definitely maggots!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger