}
Sunday, November 27, 2005
guilty pleasure
This is how I spent (spent being the operative word) my Saturday. You will also learn from this account how an impulse buy results from the very smooth words of the devil. And how I am stripped of all my shoe-shopping money for the rest of the year.

Begin by going to a mall. The objective of which was to find nosepads for your boyfriend's Rudy Projects. Personal objective? Buy shoes.

When the first mall turns up on both of you empty, move to another mall. Purchase your sister's requested birthday gift - a pair of black Brazil Havaianas at a specified size of 35/36.

While your boyfriend makes the rounds among the opticals, you make your way to Terranova. Here, purchase 2 glam sweaters. Smile and revel at the great discounted prices.

Offer to treat for dinner at Tia Maria's, to celebrate the raise you got (the raise that is slowly becoming non-existent). On the way there, stop by a CyberMall to canvass through Mp3 players, your supposed Christmas gift to yourself. The best candidate being a 5GB number priced at around 13K. Hold on to that thought, until Christmas bonus time.

Eat a hefty dinner at Tia Maria's. After that sumptuous meal, walk and pass by a computer superstore. Go in, for another round of canvassing. It wouldn't hurt. NOT.

Find that a certain amount of iPods are on a Christmas Promo. Valid until Dec 31 only. And only for cash purchases. The 20GB iPod Photo has gone from around 21K to 18K. Make rash calculations. From the most reasonable one earlier, I just ad 5K and I have 15GB more? Should I buy this now? Now?

There are only 3 left. They used to be eight, the attendant says. Think, think. Next week these might be all gone. Get the box, hold it in your hands. Eyes closed, say "Okay, I'll take it. Now. Before I change my mind." Watch, with only an eye open, as you debit a chunk from your personal savings.

Now I have an iPod. His name is Eliot.
There goes hopes of the Ugg-like ankle high boots.
Oh, and now how do I go Christmas gift shopping? Hmmm. Good question.
dezphaire strapped in @ 12:32 PM  

8 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello to Eliot. Enjoy while "he's" HOT!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    nio: hahaha pwedi!

    knoizki: Eliot says hi too. And yes, he is hot. He is so hot.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have just succumbed to what Apple enthusiasts call the "Reality Distortion Field" of Steve Jobs.

    now go to http://podcentral.ph and join the Filipino iPod community!

    :D

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger she said…

    nyahaha i just saw myself in that post! pero at least you have an ipod, hay kaingget! btw, this is my new blog! woooopee! :P

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jayvee: yep, there sure was some distortion going on...

    she: ayun! i was wondering where you went!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    congrats on your ipod! :)
    you must be very happy with elliot...

    i have a laptop name: lulu and a treo 650 name: lana that keep me busy too~

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ei dez, nagtaxi ka ba kaninang umaga? parang nakita kasi kita.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    neko: yes! very happy :) i also bought him a coat for protection. hehe.

    anonymous: ah hindi po.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger