}
Friday, January 06, 2006
karate chop
Yesterday was sh*t. Our ad was totally turned inside out, flipped around and tumbled over into a creation devoid of any drama and consistency with the strategy we started out with. And just to make it clear, it wasn't Agency's fault. Whose could it be? Hmmm.

A lot of other little bothering things fluttered about yesterday. Plust the impending thought of all the requirements to be submitted today. In the end, I felt like sh*t too. I either needed to go shopping or be pampered.

I chose to have a haircut. I had (note past tense) long, layered, straight hair cascading up to my waist. Now imagine four big-ass inches being chopped off. What do you get? Momentary happiness on this new funky-sexy layered thing happening. Go home, realize the loss, and bawl. Not that the cut's horrendous. It's just short. The shortest I've had in five years. It's like losing your brand equity, your security blanket.

So now I'm somewhere in the middle of elation and downtroddenness (if there's such a word). Okay, I'm getting coffee. Drama queen moment ends here.

Oh yeah. Christmas break report still pending. Among other things.
dezphaire strapped in @ 8:33 AM  

7 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger jk said…

    welcome back to the real world. :)
    tara! mag double date na kasi tayo nila chips and moby.

    hafee nyu yir! :)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    poor baby * hugs *

    you're still beautiful with shorter hair... i'll grab you an extra coffee :)

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sounds like a haagen dazs moment :)

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jk: ganda sige game! wag lang next weekend kasi 5th yr anniv namin. sheeeettt!!! 5 years na kami!

    neko: oh yes. coffee is comfort food. errr... drink.

    apester: that's a good idea! hmmm macadamia nut.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes life is like a sh*t hahaha. Hey, I wanna see, I wanna see the new do.

    Happy weekend.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger she said…

    ack! 4 inches chopped off your hair? i considered getting a haircut or do something outrageou with it. good thing i didn't!!! someday i'll have the guts to cut it short but not now!! hehe

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    knoizki: when i get a good pic... although it looked better after the blow-dry.

    she: i know. ack! precisely the reaction when my eyes drifted from my newly pedicured toes to the floor now covered with my massacred locks.

    nio: actually i didn't know what i did until it was done. hehe.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger