}
Thursday, January 19, 2006
senseless parallelism
This iPod thing is just crazy. Everyone is wanting to have one. That's if they don't already own one. And once you own one, it's like you're being sucked into a vortex of iPod-ness. I never really got into the hype of it. I just happened to own it because of an impulse purchase driven by a price-marketing ploy, not because I was so itching to have one. Anyway, that's besides the point. The point is, that iPod, I think, has become the world's new Barbie.

You get this cute little toy, that's already fine by itself. But then you realize, hey, it can't be naked. It needs to be pretty. It needs to be dressed up. It needs new shoes. And there's got to be something to keep its hair from being all tangled. You'll constantly find something you want to buy for it. Your iPod can go from a plain-jane iPod to a Magic Princess iPod or it can even have it's own band like... iPod and the Rockers.

And then there's the Barbie Family complex. You have the Barbie. But then Ken looks cool too. Yah, he's good to have. Hey look they came out with Stacie and Baby Kelly. They can have their own house, their car, maybe even a mobile home. Wow. It would be great if I had them all. It would be one big happy family. How I wish someone could give me Ken, Stacie and Kelly.



If you think all this talk about iPods and Barbies is senseless, well... that's because it is.

* * *
What's not senseless however, is Apester and their new MMR Track 2 Studio! It will formally open on February 1st. However, they are already accepting bookings. For more info, you may reach them via these contact details: Text 0920-5514176 or 0917-8513164, or email track2studio@gmail.com.
dezphaire strapped in @ 1:25 PM  

7 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you know what? its a lot worse if you own an Apple portable.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jayvee: i can imagine. that's like a Barbie house.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's like HK obsessions on new new new cellphone and digital wireless cams.

    I have enjoyed using my white face iwheel for a month and get tired of it, kasi may bago na naman - it will never stop.

    What's on your last.fm now?

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger qroon said…

    Buti na lang wala akong pambili ng iPod, he he he.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    knoizki: it's like pringles. once you pop, you can't stop.

    qroon: buti na nga lang :) kasi nakaka-adik sya.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Rina said…

    Yeah I hated the hype and held out for so long. But I caved and got an iPod Video. Which has been my latest lover. I can listen to, store, watch anything I WANT. The only problem is he doesn't talk back. I've uploaded the whole season 2 of VM and it works wonders.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    animal: i learned that the iPod Video now is just a thousand more than what i got my Photo for! argh!!!

    oooh you have season 2? i envyyy!!!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger