}
Monday, January 17, 2005
happy fourth
A recap late in the game, but read it anyway. Last friday, Jan 14, marked our fourth year anniversary (yes, four years!!!). Our celebration actually spanned for two days. On the official day, we planned to have dinner. We both wanted steak. The initial intent was to go to Melo's but then parking in Greenbelt made it impossible. So we settled for Tony Roma's. The people there probably thought we were insane... ordering a combo platter (with ribs and steak) each and an additional grilled chicken ceasar salad. Note that the platter already had two baked potatoes topped with cream cheese, grated cheese, and bacon. Hmmm, getting hungry. Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, we then walked over to Haagen Dazs where Chips got an apple pie topped with strawberry ice cream and I got a scoop of their macadamia nut. Oh yeah, dare I forget to say that the waiter at Tony Roma's was flirting with my boyfriend. He even gave Chips like this privelege card of some sort. Hahaha.

With all the food digesting in our bellies, it was even a miracle that we got up the next day for our trip to Corregidor. Boarding was at 7:30am. And I am sooo not built to wake up at 6am on a Saturday. Argh. We get to the dock and it was a pleasant surprise to see so many people on the tour (foreigners and pinoys). And cute foreigners at that. Okay... focus, Fozzy, focus... you are with your boyfriend. I looked back to my trip to Bangkok and realized that with all the tours, we never got any cute guys riding with us - only to get a good dose of them right here in Pinas. How ironic. Anyway, after 45mins or so of sailing, we dock and choose our tramvias. I think we got lucky with tramvia number 4. We got an old, cheery and sarcastic tourguide. He's like this walking history book - well versed, very candid and very, very smart. He's been there since the tour started, and you really get a feel of how much he loves his job. He also happens to be Ilokano. I think his name was Pablito (or something like that).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And so we revelled in how rich the island was with history. I marvelled at how brave the people there were. So much so that I felt that it was insane. Pablito actually told us that some sections of the Malinta Tunnel hasn't been cleaned out yet... gasp! so that means that there are still bodies and stuff? Eek. Creepy. Anyhoo, below are some thumbs of our photos. Yup, despite knowing how many people died there, we had the guts to go crazy with the poses. As you can see, Chips went gun-happy.



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I think it's a male thing. And it's a girl thing to be mushy... I really, really don't want to imagine anything else than what I have now. He's quite a good catch, if I may say so myself. Good thing I reeled him in before anyone else could. Haha. I'm a scorpio... I can't help but be proud.
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:11 AM  

0 Comments:

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger