}
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
highs and lows
high. I discovered the joys of Alaxan FR. Despite the shoulder and arm pains collected from my Sunday badminton shindig, I was able to play again last night (I could hear gasps from the people who know me as the I'd-rather-go-shopping chick). Anyway, I took the drug around 30 minutes before the game. By the time we got to the court, I was as giddy as a hamster on a wheel. It didn't improve my game (larong kalsada parin) but the amazing thing was that I didn't tire at all! The sharp pangs of pain everytime I stretched my arm just seemed to fade away. A disclaimer though, they didn't totally fade away, they were there but they didn't really make their presence so much felt. I was literally on a high.

high. Chips and I will soon celebrate our 4th year anniversary. We'll just be having a good dinner, no exchange of gifts. We've been too stressed lately to go gift-hunting. A good thing, because I always cram. We'll also be going to Corregidor on Saturday. I can't wait. And I also can't believe that we've been together this long! Like, how can he stand me? Hehe. Well, with the risk of sounding mushy... it's the L-word. Now I couldn't imagine my life any way else.

low. I forgot to write down a poem that was brewing in my head. I underestimated my short term memory. I was watching Dateline one night and they were featuring this kid with down syndrome, who had extraordinary talent in writing poetry. As the doctor said, he is a gift to the world, like Mozart. I was stabbed with envy or more so disappointment. I haven't written anything substantial in months. And when I finally got a figment of a verse, I didn't write it down. It's torment I cannot put words to.

low. Two companies had called me in the past weeks, making me offers. I don't know what to do. Is this opportunity knocking? Am I making a pass at divine intervention? I hate dillemas like these. Here, I have this family, a security blanket. There, well, a gray area. Sure, the Clients we have need more brain-picking... but I love the people I work with here (minus the moodswings of our Creatives). I am so confuzzled. And I am so stubborn. The two traits don't really mesh well together.

I'll just wish that I were a cat.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:17 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    painkillers rule! :)
    what companies? you might consider that would give you more time for yourself and to do things like, i don't know, um, write? ;) hehe. basta, wherever you're more fulfilled as a person - career is just one thing naman di ba? (hay, the sound of a person getting old ba? hahaha)
    april

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    Three main points. (Whoa, IMC- deja vu!)

    1)
    1)Whoa! It's been four years?! Galeng! Congratulations! Where's the engagement ring? Just kidding! I wanted to see who ran first... You or Chips? (So who did nga ba?)

    2)As for the offers, the fact that you were offered by 2 different companies is, in a way, an achievement in itself. I understand your sentiments. The attachment to people, the new environment. But if the offers are good, then why not? We gotta be honest here. We are working so we can earn and ultimately, have a better future and if the offers mean getting a better future faster, again, why not?

    3) Love the word 'confuzzled'!!!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    haha it IS sooo IMC.

    anyway, i'll be posting our 4th year anniv recap soon. nakaka-tense nga when people get to know about how long we've been going out. they keep on asking about getting married!!! even my lola is asking! nakakaloka!

    on the job thing... i don't know. i have yet to de-confuzzle myself. being stubborn is something i haven't grown out of. in the words of a good friend of mine, "isa kang kalabaw."

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger