}
Friday, October 14, 2005
the hungry feet syndrome
I hate it when this happens. Or when I witness this syndrome on other people. It's uncomfortable and it's very disorienting. If I see another person with it, the uncomfy-ness somehow resonates. What's unfortunate is that sometimes they themselves don't mind. Urgh.

So what is this hungry feet syndrome? I have observed two scenarios:

Feet hungry for socks. The very disturbing sight and sensation of socks slowly being sucked into the shoe. Every time you take a step, you need to tug it back up again. And the problem with this problem is that it is a recurring one. Furthermore, it's hard to pinpoint the cause of such disorder. Is it the sock? The shoe? The way you walk? This is why I prefer sandals. Less complications.

Feet hungry for pant legs. I see more victims of this rather than the one above. I witness these hapless people almost everyday, and I have to bear with the suffering sight of it until I get to my floor. This will most probably happen when the shoes you are wearing are slip-ons, rarely but could happen if it has an ankle strap, and by its nature, will not happen if your shoes are closed. The tragedy: your pants become eaten and trapped within the jaws of your foot and your shoe. And the result is a very annoyed, unfocused and totally unfashionable you.

And men say they can't see why we ladies have assigned different shoes for specific pants of different materials and lengths? Bah.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:03 AM  

6 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    i wear sandals these days. it's more casual and convenient. unless, of course, i play badminton.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    abaniko: and sexier if they have 3-inch stilleto heels :)

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm an avid leather chinelas fan & would never EVER wear sports shoes bumabaho paa ko nyan. SOCK really sucks on summer months pero pag winter na I love them.

    My first love was in HS. I fell in love with the K-SWISS shoes.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger mia d. said…

    hahaha. true, true. didn't you just have an entry about toes and (bad)choice of sandals? I am so making sure my feet (and shoes, and socks) are in great condition if i do come across you. ;)

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    great observations!

    you do have a foot-fetish, don't you!? lots of shoe sales and hungry feet here... :)

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    knoizki: kung pwede lang mag-chinelas dito sa office. ang sarap siguro nun.

    mia: hahaha. i do write about feet and shoes a lot eh?

    dreaming-neko: at the age of four i was already trotting about the house wearing my mom's pumps. and my dad has a thing about commenting on ankles and feet. i guess i had it coming.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger