}
Monday, October 17, 2005
the weekly survey of mundane-ness
The only thing about Mondays I actually look forward to. I spent the good part of my morning in traffic and my leg is cramping quite a bit. During the weekend, Chips and I dropped by a BMW Expo and he test drove the new 1 series. It was pretty cute. But then it's not really my type. Can you already tell that this mundane survey will be about cars? Like I'm a car buff. Well, I'm sure you guys will know more than me.

And the choice is between (and pardon the sorry excuse for terminologies):

the
small/regular sedan-towards-sporty car
and
the big SUV-pick-up-ish car.

I would go for the big bulky car. I'd pick a Land Rover over a classy sedan or a sports car. I actually want my wedding car to be a white Hummer. The bulkier and boxier it is, the better. Like the old Nissan Patrols. The Rav4's of the world just don't do it. Of course my judgement is based purely on aesthetics and the subjective amount of sex appeal it generates for me. Aside from the practical reasons of being able to see beyond the bumper of the car in front of you, and the decreased chances of being swept away in a flash flood.

So guys, to which mundane choice would you steer?
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:02 AM  

6 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    from a lowered sedan, i was very excited to switch to a big and bulky AUV. but after having driven one for the past year, and with the traffic (and high fuel prices), I'm setting my sights on a smaller car--type na type ko magka Getz or Picanto ngayon. heehee.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger mia d. said…

    im all about the compact cars.SUVs just use up too much gas, are a pain in the ass to park downtown (where parallel parking on a narrow, inclined street can be unpleasant for the hefty) and are not really skirt and stilleto friendly.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: agree, the gas prices are such a pain. i'd still luuurve to drive my SUV but now i'm driving my sister's civic coz it's more efficient.

    mia: ako naman i like the feeling of coming down from a big tough car and i actually enjoy parking. i also must admit Chips' old Nissan Patrol was a big pogi point.

    baka Mini Cooper patulan ko though :)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger qroon said…

    Cars, wala akong pambili, he he he. The irony of it, I work for a motors company and i don't own one.

    Yeah I love big, mean machines :)

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im sorry sweetheart but I don't drive, hence I don't own a car. I don't know about cars but I think the backseat will always be the safer place for me.

    Go with the ALL-Around type of machine maybe?

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    qroon: the irony of my life is that i work in advertising but i don't watch much TV. well, the Discovery Channel at least.

    nio: ah yes, a Jeep would be nice :)

    knoizki: a tank!!!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger