}
Monday, March 27, 2006
my bars of chocolate
I was reading through Elber's blog and was challenged by one of his posts where he did an inventory of his shoes. It made me wonder how many pairs I had, since I always blogged about loving shoes and buying a new pair of shoes and all that nonesense about shoes. And so I present to you my attempt to mentally note all the shoes I have in my room. Unless otherwise specified, heeled ones are stilletos or kitten heels. And if lumped together, do not mean that they're all the same style but in different colors. I'm not that OC.

2 Havaianas
3 Myxstar flipflops
3 Flats (closed toe) in gold, brown & moss green
5 Flats (open toe) in pink, bronze, black, brown & white
1 3" black Nine West pumps
1 2.5" black Nine West peep-toe slingbacks
2 2.5" metallic Schu sandals in gold & bronze
1 2" brown Zara croc-skin pumps
1 Flat brown boots (calf-high)
1 2.5" camel Shoe Studio boots (narrow heel, mid calf)
1 2" black Bass boots (block heel, mid calf)
2 Converse sneaks in hot pink and navy blue
1 Adidas flip flops
2 Adidas sneakers; 1 casual and the other for the gym
2 1.5" pumps in camel and black
1 dark green woven wedges
1 1.5" black "snakeskin" closed toe slingbacks
1 3" black Nine West sandals
1 2.5" black M)phosis strappy sandals
1 3" white Janilyn pumps
1 3" camel Janilyn sandals
1 2" flesh Charles & Keith sandals

That counts 35 pairs of shoes. That counts those I can remember. That does not count those that I don't wear but are stacked somewhere in my room (it may go over 40). I don't know how I ended up with this many shoes. I always feel that there are nuances that make each shoe different from the other. Like which style will be best worn with what outfit, with what length of pants or jeans, with which skirt, for what kind of weather. Chips doesn't understand it. Even my mother can't understand it.

I really should give some away. But who'd be in need of 3" stilletos?
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:08 AM  

10 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger qroon said…

    wow ang dami ah! daming pera, he he he. pero i'll admit it, may fetish din ako sa mga sapatos, yun nga lang hanggang fetish na lang, he he he.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    qroon: hindi ko talaga alam kung san ko pinaghuhugot ang mga ito. lalo na yung perang pambili. hahaha.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger jk said…

    kaya ka tuloy naputulan ng cellphone line kasi ung ipambabayad mo napupunta sa pag bili ng sapatos. hehehe.. :)

    ask mo nga si chips kung ilan din ang pares ng sapatos nya. ;) hehehe

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 Flat brown boots (calf-high) <-- ZARA!

    You mentioned that in your post before.
    Move over Imelda. DAMI ah?

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    kateh: hahaha tumpak! hayaan mo, tatanungin ko si Chips. siguro kalahati ng sa akin (maybe less).

    K: i wish! cheaper alternative. as in mega-cheap. kasi Ukay! hehe.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha there's something in that word UKAY.

    My sister say this all the time. "I got a new blouses, they are cheap but it's from the UK".

    Nak ng pating....

    Guess what, my word verification on this comment is "CURZE", I like that word-ramblings. ;)

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    i think you need more shoes, dez :)

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    K: ukay rules! i'm going to baguio next weekend for another mega extravaganza :)

    neko: i think so too. the bronze pumps i wanted from Nine West suddenly became extinct. i knew i should've bought it when i saw it. boo.

    nio: ang panget ng visual! hahaha.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i miss wearing heels!!! di kaya ng powers ko mag heels dito sa singapore with all the walking that i do.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    35 pairs and only 4 of them are sneakers?!? You need more sneakers.

    Of course, you can argue that I need more leathers. Heck, I can argue that.

    And yes, I can understand how certain pairs just seem to match certain outfits better.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger