}
Friday, March 10, 2006
feeling the pain
I played badminton with my officemates last night. Actually, my boss was the one invited. But he tagged me along so he wouldn't be the only one who plays street-style (as in palong kalye). It's been almost a year since I last played. And I am totally not your athletic kinda girl. Unless of course marathon shopping is institutionalized as a sport. After much thought, I agreed. I need to lose weight for the summer anyway.

I was flashed back to the first time I resurrected the sport in my life.

Like then, the right half of my torso has become practically paralyzed by pain. And amidst a hefty dosage of Counterpain Cool. Brushing my teeth suddenly became a wince-worthy chore. My fingers are absolutely uncoordinated - I couldn't text properly! I laugh at myself. These are the things that make me realize how incredibly unfit I am.

One thing I've always wondered about though, is how other girls don't seem to sweat much when they play. Their hair never gets disheveled, their faces remain matte. While I sweat buckets. I wonder if there's something wrong with me. I theorize that it could be about the unfit-ness. I'd appreciate some medical or physiological explanation, if anyone could share any.

I wonder if my boss will be able to come in today.
dezphaire strapped in @ 8:40 AM  

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger she said…

    the girls stay matte? ;o actually what's unhealthy is if after all those activity you still didn't sweat..

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger