}
Friday, September 22, 2006
when do i see you again?
There's something to be said about being being apart. Sometimes, even if you're together, it's like the true essence of being in each other's presence isn't there. At some point you'd really miss seeing each other almost every day. And you'd hate it that it's so hard to have some quality time when you need to be comforted. Sometimes you'd be caught up with the day's (or work's) distractions to even care. There are also times that life presents an opportunity to break that not-seeing but well, you know how they say that the heart is willing but the body is weak? Traffic. Driving. Sleep deprivation. Stress. Those kinds of excuses.

I really admire people who survive long-distance relationships. I mean, I can just drive over to where my man is. I really can't fathom having an ocean or some major land formation in between you. When do we see each other again? That's gotta be the hardest thing to answer. I'm speculating. Imagining. Actually, I wouldn't know how to make that kind of the thing work. I'd probably just roll up in a corner and sulk.

Why am I being so melodramatic? I don't know. Maybe because I need to be with my someone. I miss the be-with time. I sometimes forget how a simple hug could do wonders to uplift you. Just sit around, with the TV off, talking about mundane things.

I'm re-posting this sonnet by Neruda. Just to top off my drama queen moment. On the up-and-up though, it's a Friday. The weekend is more forgiving to being-with time.

Maybe nothingness is to be without your presence,
without you moving, slicing the noon
like a blue flower, without you walking
later through the fog and the cobbles,

without the light you carry in your hand,
golden, which maybe others will not see,
which maybe no one knew was growing
like the real beginnings of a rose.

In short, without your presence: without your coming
suddenly, incitingly, to know my life,
gust of a rosebud, wheat of wind:

since then I am because you are,
since then you are, I am, we are,
and through love I will be, you will be, we'll be.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:42 AM  

9 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger vina said…

    when do i see him again?

    next year.

    after months of being apart.
    oceans and land formations in between.

    and we'll make the most of it.
    because after that, the question would still remain: when do i see you again?

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    vina: bow ako sayo grabe :)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    i don't believe in long distance affair even if the world has discovered ym with cam and voice. the real thing is still different. get my drift? ;)

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unless a couple is already married, I do not like the idea of long distance relationships.

    Don't mind me. What do I know?

    Have a good one. ;)

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger jk said…

    ang ganda ng sonnet ni neruda. shet. naiyak ako.

    sa lahat ng mga nagmamahal, mabuhay! :)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    baket?? asan ba sya??

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    abaniko: i can't imagine long distance stuff. i don't know if that equates to not believing in it.

    patrick: agree, it's more feasible that way. there's the pressure of that ring on your finger...

    jk: truly! it's one of my fave sonnets. i strongly suggest you read through his book - 100 Love Poems.

    asphaire: dyan lang sa ortigas. hahaha. pero with work nowadays, stress overtakes the "missing". which is bad. proximity becomes over-intellectualized.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger kaye said…

    hi foz! :) pa-copy ako nung neruda sonnet ha? ang ganda... :)

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    "proximity becomes over-intellectualised"... hmmm interesting concept... carry on... write more about it! i'm still pondering on what it means.. hehehe

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger