}
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
aloha world, i'm back
Four days in Ilocos with family was absolutely stupendous. A recharger of sorts. It was a grand reunion of Foz's for my grandma's 90th birthday (and she doesn't look her age at all!). The celebration had this hawaiian theme, and we asked guests to play dress-up. And they did! It was so cute. I can't believe my dad was in a floral shirt. And Chips too! The girls were in sarongs and printed skirts. We all had leis that were bought from the States. It was actually a drizzly day but we were oblivious, with all the aloha-ing and bright colors.


is she really 90?

Then the next day we were off to Pagudpud for a day at the beach. More bonding time with the cousins. It was a good thing it wasn't raining there. We got to lie down and relax under the sun. I didn't bring my polka-dot bikini because I realized the straps were too fat. And the dress I was going to wear at the wedding had spaghetti halter straps. Well, anyway there we were having fun on the beach. There was a videoke machine too, which made it all the more fun. Hehe.

beach brus buddha? cuzins grass1 windblown funny faces

And what's a grand reunion without grand servings of food? We had so much food. Too much food. For our own good. Steak, fish, lobsters, longganisa, lechon... oh the sinfulness! On our last night me and my cousin Nica treated the rest of the FozBrats to pizza. It's just a small parlor called C&E where they make their own recipes - can't be missed if you're in Laoag. We ordered seven pies and the resto gave us one for free. We were stuffed beyond reason. And on the road home, we were laughing about the most mundane things. So close to barfing. Not pretty. Lol.

My cousins will be leaving back for California and New York this weekend. I'll miss those brats.

dezphaire strapped in @ 9:06 AM  

5 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a fun bunch of brats! this post is truly heartwarming :)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    90th Bday? Amazing grandmom.

    But of course, cute dress-theme. And I like your golden-brown skin. Seriously.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who's in the mama san pic? you, joanna, daffo, kristine, trish, nica, and...?

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: i really am grateful that we were brought up very close, it's like having 15 siblings.

    K: really amazing indeed. she even danced some hawaiian!

    and thanks for the compliment :) my mom is also finally getting over her frustration that i'm not fairer.

    apester: kuya TJ and ate Mayen :)

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww... how nice.

    I suddenly miss my Lola... we're naming our grocery after her nga pala... Donata's Mini Grocery. Cute ba? Read it British-like. :)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger