}
Thursday, September 09, 2004
yesterday's anomaly
Around 9am yesterday morning, Chips and I were on VA Rufino, in front of my building. I was waiting for the traffic to mellow down so I could step out of the car (safely, without becoming roadkill). Chips then blurted out an "Oh my God." I turned toward his side and there she was, walking down the street. A lady (middle-aged) in a grass-green blazer, flip-flops and a big knapsack. That was it. No pants, no skirt, no anything under the blazer (which only aptly covered her ass). I only hope she was wearing underwear. She didn't look like she was coo-coo. Her hair was braided properly and she looked clean. She also looked happy (as in normally happy). She had this mark of awe on her face, similar to what Babe looked like when he first set foot in the city. It's probably that - her first day in the city. Well, whatever. It was weird. Probably the most absurd thing I've ever seen.

***

Moving on,I spent the day looking at my to-do list. Nothing is so far being scrapped out of it. My bosses are out for the entire week on an out-of-country conference, and I have no defense against powertripping clients. For example, a media meeting discussing the copy plan for the rest of the year (AOR and other people present):

Me: on the rushed --- campaign, copies are in-development and we're looking at the month of ---, as we agreed during the previous meeting.

Client: Fozzy, where's you're copy?

Me: (thought balloon: in development nga eh! at rush ito no! last week lang tayo nag-align sa brief... duh!) We're already working on it, but don't we need to settle media for this already.

Client: I don't want to commit media on a copy that does not exist.

Me: (ano ba! in development nga eh! sana kung dati mo pa inapprove yung brief may copya na tayo ngayon.) Okay, we can just talk this separately then. But we're looking at being ready for the month of --- so we can just slide in the new copy if needed.

Client: I don't want to talk --- yet. That's a separate issue kasi. Let's focus on

Me: Okay, clear. (fine, fine, fine!)

It's not like I can do anything. She kind of has the right to powertrip. She's the marketing director. I'm just an AE. Another encounter, this time with a brand manager who is asking for an FA by monday. We don't have an approved compre yet, she still has revisions. The artist will be at a shoot the whole day of friday, and FA artists are already working on publication deadlines for monday:

Client: Fozzy, we need it by Monday. I can't accept a Tuesday submission.

Me:(Sorry ka nalang, sana ikaw nalang gumawa)We're still revising the compre and I am still looking for a photographer who's available. The artist will also be attending another shoot. But we are managing it internally, because as you know, a lot of creative work is going on right now for the brand. I can't commit on a Monday. (meron akong installer ng photoshop, kung gusto mo)

Client: Marami namang art director dyan eh.

Me: (Hello, you're not our only client! Anong akala mo, buong ahensya sa'yo?!?) I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, I'll send you the revised compre for your approval. I'll give you firmer timings once we talk with the photographer and the team. (Leche, bilhan mo ako ng sapatos ha)

***

This is the current wallpaper on my phone. It's Jay, my youngest cousin, being squeezed by my Dad. It's a feel-good picture for times like these. How cute is that? Okay, now I feel better.

dezphaire strapped in @ 8:57 AM  

4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Waaaah! I hate clients who think they're your only clients. I also hate clients who rush you when in fact,it was their fault that things are delayed because they waited on the last minute to do everything.

    In my case, it's Christmas party reservations. Pretend it's November. They call you now and want a quotation in an hour. I tell them I can give it to them the day after tomorrow. No, they want it now. I smile sweetly into the phone to prevent from sounding like "Well, why are you rushing me now? You should have planned your company's Christmas party months ago!" annoyed and I say, "I'm sorry, I can only give it to you the day after tomorrow. I handle the reservations of 4 branches and there's only one me."

    And then they say, "Ay talaga? Sige, sa isang araw na lang." Hah!!!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    true! at least your customers understand (and you don't meet with them week on week). our clients feel like their gods. if they gave us clear directions from the start, we wouldn't have all this rework, and i could've delivered it waaaaay earlier!

    btw cat, i can't get into your blog! the office server blocks it coz its content is of "explicit nature". ano na yang pinagsususulat mo ha!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man, that anecdote about the lady reminds me of this time i was driving down timog and this guy crosses the street right in front of me wearing nothing but a jacket tied around his waist. and geez, the knotted sleeves didn't cover squat.

    apester

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    apester: maybe he's one of the cast members of "Bakat" hahaha. ugh. ugly visual. yuck. what were these people thinking? ummm, okay let me take that back. they probably weren't thinking at all...

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger