}
Monday, August 23, 2004
three little indians
saturday. Was all alone, by my lonesome self, at the gym for the afternoon. After, I went over to school (ah este, former school), UA&P, to watch "Ten Little Indians", a play based on Agatha Christie's novel of the same name. It was then that I was hit by an empty, missing feeling. I met up with my thespian friends, and we recounted memories of building and striking down sets, of scoring and blocking in that way-beyond-polar-temperatures of a room. And I was overcome with envy because they can still do theater while holding 9-5 jobs. Sigh.

It was me, my sister, and apester - the witness to our somewhat cult-ish sisterhood. The play was a blast. Literally. Aatakihin ako sa puso... ako na yung 11th little indian. What would you expect from an Agatha Christie? With the gunshots and off-stage screaming and all. The characters were well-played, each actor bringing distinctiveness to their roles (minsan nawawala yung english accent, but well... ok lang). Kudos to Tinette for the direction - there was great chemistry and interaction between the roles and the stage, each corner and each prop utilized. The adlibs ruled. The three of us now equipped by a handful of private jokes.

I'll post the 10 Little Indians poem here later, because I forgot where I placed the programme...

sunday. Went to church with Chips then went to Shang. I got this cool mod-inspired vintage bag from ukay-ukay for a hundred bucks. It just had this long leather sling... that just made it way too vintage (as in outdated) for my taste. I decided to turn it into a shoulder bag. I didn't want to risk it with Mr. Quickie... so I went to Besa's (a better leather repairs shop). The price I had to pay for trust - now the bag costs 3 times more than it did when I bought it. Sus.

I still want my new free phone. As in now. Lecheng Globe.
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:22 AM  

2 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe :) i was thinking of saying something about the disappearing accents too... yeah, the adlibs were cool - although my favorite line came from the audience "the seaweed?" wahahahhahaha! :)

    apester

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    yeah the cast probably hated us for giggling through the serious parts. hahaha. hats off to Blore (or Davis).

    today we be merry because tomorrow we die!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger