}
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
some joyful randomness
Last Sunday, December 5, we welcomed a new FozBrat to the realm of FozBratness. My cousin gave birth to a rosy, dimpled baby girl we shall now call Zoe Anne Therese. And she did it without an ounce of anesthesia! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! If it was me, I would've told the doctor to stick all the anesthesia humanely possible. Her husband was the one who cut the umbilical cord. Chips would've passed out by then.

On the drive back from a business trip to Enchanted Kingdom, we 3 girls fight it out with 3 goons. It was skinny me, a petite boss, and a model-ish copywriter. Versus a group that looked like the 3 stooges crossed with Fernando Poe Jr.'s mga bata. One of the stooges opened the door of his parked car right smack into my right passenger door (I was trying to park beside the stoogemobile). We won the argument. They probably didn't expect to encounter three amazonas who take the meaning of girl power by heart.

An AE in our team creates her own version of lost conversations. Let's call her Grasya. She writes an email to our client (let's call her Jen). She opens the email with a "Dear Grasya..." and we surmise that she's either probably having an identity crisis or incredibly narcistic. Later that day, she prepares a check to pay off her credit card. She writes on the Payable to line: Grasya (surname). The bank, utterly confused, had to call her to clear up the matter. There's something very wrong. Isa syang disgrasya.

I am on the hunt for a compact, affordable and good enough digital camera. Torn between the Casio Z50 or Z55 and the Canon SD300. Olympus and Nikon look bulky. Sony is overpriced. And I can't use my SD cards with it. Arg. I don't know. I may end up not buying one. Ahem, Christmas gift. Ahem.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:55 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!! baaabbbbyyyyy! sigh :)

    and the canon is probably the better choice. if nothing else it's got a better support system around it

    april

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    get mine -- olympus D540(C310) Zoom .. for only 11,500.00 its like buying a point and shoot camera with a macro lens. wow!!!!! (2 cm macro zoom baby! even a prosumer canon camera can't go that near on super zoom. most is around 3 cm)

    // jayvee

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    april: i could just go "awww" forever when i saw the baby. she is just so cute! i have also decided to get the canon. 4MP is more than enough for me anyway.

    jayvee: the problem i have with olympuses is that they look un-digicam-y. i know it's something superficial. it's like buying shoes - form and function, style and comfort. although most of the time the comfort bit gets left behind. what can i say, i'm a girl :p

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger