}
Thursday, June 30, 2005
the beauty of the day
Sometimes I don't know how I do my work. More specifically, I don't even know how my work gets done. Sometimes I don't even know what my work is anymore. And moreover, I don't know if this kind of work is even legal. It surely violates some human rights laws at one point (or the other). There are days that are happily okay. There are days that just wallows in crap. The full of crap days are the days you'd just like to stuff down Clients' throats. And if Creatives become unreasonably difficult, their throats too.

A sample of a full of crap day:
  • Adboard just disapproved or deferred decision on your commercial. And you need to air in two days.
  • You need research to prove that your commercial is "real". Client's R&D people are on sick leave. You research on your own, draft a letter to Adboard, and send it to their hellhole.
  • At the same time, your producer pushes back on revisions.
  • Client gives you a call. You need to present concepts first thing next week, at 9 AM. Concepts have not been started.
  • Within the day, there is another Client presentation. Creatives turn in the materials 30 minutes before the actual presentation.
  • A competitor launched a new campaign two weeks ago, and the competitive analysis that you've supposedly already done has been pending since then.
  • The computer is going so slow that it takes a million years for you to open an email. In the meantime, you see the frantically blinking orange light as it "thinks".
  • You open an attachment and try to quickly print it for an alignment meeting with Client that is about to happen in two minutes. The computer hangs.
  • You're wearing heels.

After work, I pop the CSI Las Vegas Season 5 DVD collection. I swear, I know enough about forensics and trace evidence that I could get away with murder. Now that would be the most beautiful day.

dezphaire strapped in @ 11:09 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger jk said…

    dang! it's definitely a CRAP DAY written all over the place.

    eniweys, lemme know if you wanna meet up for coffee or something... or you just wanna be with someone makulit and madaldal... i'm just a text away.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you should try my job :P at least you get to throw em out if you're fed up hahaha

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    kateh: we surely need to meet up! as in kasama sina paoie. tagal nang hindi nagkita. miss ka na ni Chips.

    apester: true! can you so picture the envy happening as i read your post?

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger