}
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
black stilleto pointy pumps
Chips and I just watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night. I am now inspired to wear my black stilleto pointy pumps today because of Angelina Jolie. I thought it was a nice movie. Feel-good. Entertaining. I didn't know who to crush on... Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie. The simple script (with all the sly, subtle remarks) did it well for me too. Adore Brad Pitt's ability to pull off them cute comic reliefs without ruining the action's momentum. It's like a crescendo in the middle of the song which is cut by a dramatic pause but then resumes to peak. Also love the car chase. It's the whole surrounded and fighting for their lives as a couple in slow-motion scene that came across as too choreographed. Oh well. It was beautiful to watch anyway (sexeh).

Chips sums it up as a "good date flick with suppressed action".

The other thing I wanted to do with my black stilleto pointy pumps was to stick them into the eyeballs of the couple sitting beside us (imagine a mad, psychotic Fozzy face). And we were watching in the oh-so-targetted cinemas of Greenbelt 3. Yuppies. Decent people. Never did we expect that a guy in an office barong and his girlfriend would cause so much annoyance. They were giggling. The guy was giggling too. I'm not talking about a giggle and then pause. I'm talking about rapid machine-gun giggling. The girl had her high-pitched falsetto voice. The guy went well beyond the acceptable manly snicker (or manly haha laugh). Argh. In that beautiful car chase I heard more giggles than gunshots. Punyeta. Apparently, the guy also saw the movie beforehand. He was the type who walked his girlfriend through the events. He was explaining the scenes. For the love of God just let her watch the movie by herself! Argh. It was a good thing we had good food to munch on. At least that somehow took our minds off the mad gigglers.

Okay. This movie down, Batman Begins to go. Christian Bale here I come. Mmmm mmmm.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:55 AM  

4 Comments:

  • At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, you gotsa see these pics then.. ;)

    Click on "see photos"

    http://www.style.com/w/feat_story/060605

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    nio: wow. so i shall call myself lucky for not yet encountering such mobs in the cinema. ick. if only you could pre-screen your seatmates.

    mia: the pics are bee-yu-tiful! man i wish i had her eyebrows... taray!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ANG GANDA NG BATMAN!!!
    too much in awe pa rin to find the words to write a review. hehe

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i saw Nasaan Ka Man last night, and this group of ladies sitting beside us were so annoying. as in nag-na-narrate ng bawat scene, and they didn't even bother to whisper. the cellphone of one of the ladies in the group kept on ringing (to the tune of Nina's "Love Moves..") and she said she doesn't know how to turn the phone to silent mode. hay, major stupid.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger