}
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
tale of two slippers
Mush Alert. This thing called love makes you appreciate even the siliest things. Like this totally irrelevant and bewildering conversation that happened on the way to work this morning:

"Hun, who's that artist who sang the new version of Tsinelas*?"
Chips thinks. "There's an old one and a new one right."
Uh. That's what I said. "Yeah. The original one is by Yano."
"Ah, yes."
"Who sang that new version?"
"The new version is the one that's medyo reggae."
"Ya who sang that." Are we even going anywhere here.
Chips struggles to think about the question. "Argh, sino na nga yun"
I rattle my brain. I'm OC about these things.
He then has what seems to be the answer. "It's that guy..."
The at-the-tip-of-the-tongue feeling. Hate that.
"He's the guy with the lisp."
I look at him blankly.
"He can't pronounce his S's right." And he goes on to sing - "Mang kulath, pabili nga ng thinelath."
I just let out a half-breed of a sigh and a defeated laugh as he continues with the song:
"Pudpod na at gath-gath, baka papigtath..."
"Hun, I need the name of the artist, not the type of disfunction he has."
He laughs inspite of himself. "I love you."
I laugh, that tone-deaf lisped rendition still ringing in my ears. "Love you too."

*Tsinelas means slippers. The song is basically about a guy who needs to buy new slippers (from Mang Kulas) because his old ones are already extremely worn out.
dezphaire strapped in @ 7:14 PM  

5 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    know what...you can compile all these cutesy anecdotes, make it into a book, and make it as your wedding souvenirs. hehehehe.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: hey not a bad idea! uyyy feeling bride-to-be na. haha. okay i'm scaring myself.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hihi, im kilig...

    precious moment indeed.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    mia: haha. yep it's uber-cheesy. that's what you get from us caffeine-less early in the morning.

    nio: you should hear Chips sing. or... maybe not.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kuyut!
    ;)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger