}
Thursday, February 02, 2006
i love baguio

Image hosting by Photobucket

At long last, I get to post about our Baguio extravaganza! The cool breeze and the fresh pine air was absolutely refreshing. Exactly what I needed to the knots of stress out of my body. I swear, there's something about the cool climate that makes eating more enjoyable. And of course, there's ukay-ukay. The haven for cheap vintage finds and great deals. It was just... mind-blowing. So much so that I spent well over 3,000 Php! And they were all just gorgeous. Can I just be a professional ukay-er?

I so wanna go back and bring Chips. I sure hope he can stand this kind of shopping. Hehe. For all of you planning to go, and who love ukay, here are the two must-go spots (at least in my book):

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Inside the Bayanihan Center:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Views from the car, on the way home.
Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

dezphaire strapped in @ 12:01 PM  

6 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha@UKAY-er.

    .. and sadly, I've never been there. Eversince, it's one the best places that I really realllyyyyy like to visit.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    This reminds me of my female colleagues in Marketing who would go to Baguio one weekend just to buy stuff from ukay-ukay. Ladies!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baguio is one of my fave places in the world! Na-miss ko tuloy :(

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger she said…

    wow ukay ukay. i haven't bought anything sa ukay ukay YET!! soon.. oops!! i still have that meme (tag of suffering)due!! haha.. i'll do it soon sheesh i forgot about it na..

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    knoizki: huwaaat??? you should try ukaying. it's an experience. dala ka lang ng alcohol.

    abaniko: what is it about marketing and ukay... hmmm.

    jojo: absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

    she: it's addictive. at least for me. hehe. once you pop, you can't stop.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger The Nashman said…

    Damn, I miss ukay-ukay.

    Nice narrative. Now I'm homesick.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger