}
Friday, May 05, 2006
beached again

blue gradient
Originally uploaded by dezphaire.
I just loved waking up to the sound of the waves. For two nights, man. It was just so relaxing. Then you can smell the sea. And then the breakfast being cooked by the boys.

Yup, the boys were doing all the cooking. We girls were designated dishwashers. Because we forgot to bring the dishwashingmachine, as Tin would say.

There was an abundance of alcohol, and during the late afternoons the boys will fill the cooler with beer and head off into the water. The tide becomes incredibly low at around 4 PM, so we'd find a nook of corals to sit on. Sort of like a watering hole. After dinner, we'd mix some vodka and juice or just gulp down some red wine while playing poker. We didn't have poker chips and we didn't want to play with real money either. So we just collected shells and used them for betting. It was quite funny to hear, really.

Another mode of entertainment would be the hermit crabs the other guys would collect. They found that if it crawled over peeling skin, the crab would nibble it off. Gross but ticklish. And one of the guys managed to catch a sea urchin. He placed it in a glass of sea water. Then completely forgot about it as it baked in the sun. Net, the creature died (poor thing).

On the last day we went snorkling. So now my back is burned. Well, like I wasn't burned to begin with anyway.

Then we had to leave. I hate leaving. I hate missing good things. But then you need to, else their value would be lost.

I shall look forward to seeing the sea again. Before the summer is over.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:39 AM  

8 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    great pics! looks like a very fun mellow getaway :)

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    The things you did boys and girls at the beach were nothing but relaxingggg. Wow! And the pic - very tranquil it looks almost surreal.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    neko: oh yes it was :) i wish our family thought of getting a beach house. oh well. we're stuck with a rice farm.

    abaniko: absolutely so. pero h'wag ka, on the last day, may nangyaring kajolog-an. si reklamadora nalang magkwe-kwento. hindi pa though sya gising.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This looks exactly the same in my island from sunrise till dawn...

    You should go back.. well I should, I hope next time.

    Go Calatagan!

    ps. I like this shot, too. What camera did you use for this?

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    knoizki: oh i used my Lomo Frogeye for that one :) it's so much fun. you should get one. hehe. nambuyo pa noh?

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger she said…

    hay i wanna go back to the beach!!! you really had fun noh, good for you :)

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger she said…

    i changed my url pala hehe

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi, dezphaire ba? ni link kita, gusto ko lang kasing binabasa ang blog mo. bago lang me sa world of blogging pero matagal ko ng binabasa ang blog mo. hope you don't mind.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger