}
Sunday, May 14, 2006
shmundays
I love waking up late on Sundays (and Saturdays). But Sundays more so. Because waking up at noon means it's just in time to switch on the TV and get a big dosage of one of our (meaning me and my sister's) favoritest sitcoms of all time: The Nanny. Okay, so the story is nothing new. It's The Sound of Music with big hair, no music, less kids and no mountains. Plus the "sound" is mostly of Fran Drescher's overly nasal voice.

But who cares. It's not the most beautifully shot show. Sure, the fashion sense would sometimes send you flying back into your own horrific eras. It's goddamn funny and it absolutely kills you that it takes eons for them to get together. And what about the time that he actually told her that he loved her in Paris but took it back!?!? Aaagh.

This is one DVD set that I'll be hunting for. But for now, thank you Hallmark Channel.
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:58 PM  

6 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    I love The Nanny!!! One of the items on my wish list is The Nanny dvds!

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now that Hallmark Channel reminds me of my Cable TV but whenever I'm in Pinas, I get hooked at Pinoy's Sunday noontime show. Call me jologs but it's the same reason why I have the TFC.

    May bagyo pa ba?

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    sapphire: super! i especially love the Niles-CC tandem. hilarious.

    K: hehe. ang TFC ay ABS diba? mas GMA naman kami :)

    paalis na po ang bagyo. maaraw na ulet (yehey).

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger qroon said…

    kapuso ka rinpala dez, he he he.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohhh, i love The Nanny too!!! great mix of Brit & American comedy ;)

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    sundays are great sleepin days... but oh they fly by so fast :(

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger