}
Thursday, September 28, 2006
the blogging question
It's raining and flooding. And some people probably wouldn't come to work. I'm the first in our team to arrive. So with stalling work first and foremost in my mind right now, let me write about writing. Err, blogging. As inspired by some provoking thoughts by Knoizki.

Why do I blog, you say? Expression. Freedom. Uncontrollable thoughts. Creativity. Outlet. Communication. I started blogging because I didn't have time to write anymore. A good friend of mine introduced me to the concept. Because we were both writers (and she is now, professionally) and I always ranted about work always swamping over inspiration. My ring-bound notebook has been abandoned. So the initial intent of this blog was to be an outlet of repressed creativity. An easier way to publish poetry, whatever short stories. Because really, I didn't want to stop writing.

I wanted it to be poetic. Dramatic. Like theater. Then at some point, my subconscious decided that writing here should have no limits. Nor rules. This blog should not be cornered into a template, so to speak. I've shared with you some poetry. I've also shared a short story. More than that, I think I've also shared my life - my soul. And the drama lies there. And I think you get the picture.

I don't think I blog to get comments. It does help - because I know people are reading, and appreciating, and motivating me. But primarily, I think I blog because I feel the need to express myself. If not through creative literature, then through this. If not through oil paintings, then through this.

Okay. Enough drama. Have a good day and blog on!
dezphaire strapped in @ 8:43 AM  

8 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    wooooo!! that's me that's me!!! hahaha i actually made a mark in your life! im honored!

    okay sa wordpress, daming options! but it's a whole new world of codes altogether.. goodbye HTML.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    same reason for me, although i don't write too well. gusto ko lang.

    take care there. i read that it's signal #3 in NCR.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Wanderer said…

    Well, we all have our reasons. My blog was just boring when I first started it. I just didn't know what to write in it 'coz I'm really not the type to write a journal. It just went through different phases. It was just recent that I actually found a "theme" or a purpose for it. Photography and art just kinda sunk in. I like sharing my experiences through my eyes. Mind you, I still post those weird "quiz-walang-magawa" results. Not as much now.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    asphaire: good thing i listened to you diba? i'm thinking of moving to wordpress too but i kinda got lazy. the concept of unlearning and re-learning is too taxing for me.

    jojo: "gusto ko lang" is reason enough! hehe. and yes, umabot ng signal #3. buhay panaman kami.

    wanderer: oddly, sometimes the "quiz-walang-magawa" ones become very entertaining...

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started blogging because I want to kill my boredom, to write few not-so-smart posts, to whine about living an ordinary life and to be overly dramatic about why a BLOG is so damn addictive.

    Mag wordpress ka na!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Wil said…

    interesting topic. For me, I blog b/c I just want to share my opinion and/or promote issues I believe in. I also like sharing some of my funny (and not so funny) experiences. Plus, it's kinda fun. Although if people didn't read my blog, I probably wouldn't blog. ;)

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger jk said…

    blogging = anti-stress. :)

    it gives me that "freedom" to write, say, express and shout whatever i want, whenever i want it.

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya, I agree with you on the last paragraph. It is good to receive comments, really. But when you know you've made a senseless post, and people are still barraging your blog with comments, they come off as toadies who are conveniently attempting to lure you into their own blogs.

    But again, who doesn't want comments?

    Have a good one.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger