}
Monday, October 02, 2006
i need painkillers
There's this throbbing pain on my left temple. I had it since yesterday. Actually, yesterday my entire head was throbbing. I don't know why. I was walking through Greenhills last night and it was like my skull just flared.

Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had electricity for the past four days. The storm took down four big posts. Two of them the type that had that trash-can-looking things hanging at the top. We have a generator on, to keep the fridge and freezer cool. It's also on at night, to at least have the little electric fan run. It gets turned off at around 2am, when the air gets relatively cool. Maybe it's the whizzing and buzzing being drilled into my head as I sleep. And maybe it's because I wake up all sweaty because by that time, the sun's already beaming into my room. Maybe shmaybe.

It's extraordinarily bright now. I took my sister to school, and I've never seen the campus (the little that we got) so bare and bright. The trees (again, the little that the campus actually has) have been tapered and reduced to shrubbery. The main roads of Makati are likewise unshaded. I am grateful though that the trees along Mckinley Road survived. It will be a while till they get their thick, lush greens back.

I hope that by the time I get home tonight, we'd have electricity. In the meantime, I should find myself some painkillers. Bah. Work.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:22 AM  

7 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    remember the trick with painkillers is to keep them steady in your bloodstream. so start with the 250 fast relief, then a couple of hours later take in a 500 :) whee!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    apester: i actually went all out with a 500mg. hehe. thank god it's finally kicking in.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And no Philippine Idols shows?

    All phone lines were down, I couldn't even reach my sister because of the brownouts until now.

    I hope now they are back and your headaches now gone 120 Kilometers away from your body.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    I hope you're feeling better. I can't recommend any painkillers 'coz I avoid using them.

    As a know-it-all, I have to tell you that those "trash-can-looking things hanging at the top" of electric posts are probably step-down transformers. Fortunately (for you), I can control the urge to say more than that.

    On an unrelated topic, you posted shots taken with a pinhole camera. Please post a photo of the camera itself! Throw in the lomo too! =)

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    masakit rin ulo ko...but my theory is it's because i went to bed with a headache that probably had my forehead cringing on it's own. so siguro i slept na nakakunot noo. so there you go.

    white flower oil always helps. mag-aamoy lola ka lang.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    Weird but I also experience the same throbbing pain on my left temple. Are we dying soon? Yay.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    same here... i also experienced that.. heck, i even lost consciousness. so, consider yourself lucky. why the hell are we slaving off the way we do?!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger