}
Monday, December 18, 2006
cramming for christmas
The bad thing about procrastinating for gifts, aside from getting smushed together with all the other crammers, is that you really feel the money diminishing. It's like this big ka-blam of hey, the money's gone. The big price of being unprepared. Having no list and bad memory is a really evil combination. It's either I double-buy gifts for some person, or totally forget someone. Nevertheless, I've gone totally overboard on budget. I didn't have time to go to-and-from Divisoria. So I'm stuck scouring the available bazaars for available gifts fitting (hopefully not force-fitting) people I remember to give gifts to at that moment.

But the good thing about whatever's happening is -- I am very, very happy wrapping the gifts. It's like some form of meditation. Just with a resulting backache or stiff neck. But I swear, I will be entirely content if I was just some gift-wrapper lady in some bookstore.

I played Santa distributing the little gifts this morning. And it was a happy morning. Even if it was a Monday.

Now I have to think of what to cram for the rest of the people. Like my mom. My dad. My sister... *sigh*. Santa will be sooo not proud of me.
dezphaire strapped in @ 3:29 PM  

9 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi!

    like you, i also complain about all the gastos. but when it comes to wrapping the gifts, i do enjoy it immensely! feeling ko ang generous ko :P

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    Merry Christmas!!! hahaha well, being vague has its advantages ;)

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi dez, i'm going to Pinas soon, wish to see you sana. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you are in HK, it's like an "obligatory" way of going to the shopping mall and buy something for yourself and family. I don't feel the spirit that way whereas in Bicol, kunting handaan ayos na sa akin!

    As for the gift wrapping, nowadays, people around here uses a decorative xmas boxes so it's easy to just put the item inside and finish it with a red ribbon. Nawawala na ang creativity at effort to wrap the gifts.

    Magastos talaga ang holidays! For me, trabaho pa rin.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    merry xmas, dez! *hugs* :)

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ang tagal kong di nakadalaw dito, happy new year! san ang vacation?

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Iskoo said…

    merry christmas and happy new year! mahirap sa una mamili kasi magastos pero once ma complete mo na at nabalot at ready for distribution, don mo mararamdaman na masarap pala talagang magbigay.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope someday makapag ikot din ako to give gifts..

    May this year bring
    More Blessings
    Good Health, Success, Joy
    And Love to you and your family
    Happy New Year!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger