}
Monday, December 04, 2006
poor monday?
Sometimes I feel sorry for Monday. Everyone hates it. Like, dreads it to the core. It's like dubbed as the universal impending doom. It's the weekly end-of-the-world. When the alarm rings on Monday mornings, we don't feel as heavy and inwardly disgusted as the other days.

We don't feel the same about any other day of the week. Garfield doesn't hate Wednesdays. It's just a sorry coincidence that Monday ends the weekend. That it's when everything usually blows up in your face as the problem you'd have to solve for the rest of the week. It's the day when heart attacks happen the most. An officemate of mine had a heart attack on a Monday. When Sunday comes, everyone's like, oh no it's a Monday tomorrow. And for some reason, we don't get tired of groaning and whining the same way every week of every year in so far that consciousness hit us in the head.

Who do we blame for feeling the same about Mondays? School? Work? Well, unless you grew up absolutely loving school and work to insane unconditional pieces. I don't know. I mean, do unemployed people dread Mondays? How about those kids schooled at home? Personally I think Monday should file a case against school and work. For making it look so bad.

I bet Tuesday is feeling nice about it's position. It's like, neither here nor there. So you can't really get mad at it. But, if our week started on a Tuesday, would we feel the same way about it? Would the hatred be automatically passed on?

At the state I'm in though, I don't know if I'd feel better being Monday, or being in a Monday. Because if I'm Monday, I can't just be like... fuck you all, that's not my problem. I'm just the day you're in. I don't freakin' care.

Okay, forget it. I'm not sorry for Monday anymore.
dezphaire strapped in @ 10:01 AM  

8 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    darn you mondays!
    hehe... i'm off today :)

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's related to WORK after a weekend fun that's why we hate them. On some surveys, older people doesn't hate Mondays because most of the time, they don't spend their weekend nights at the bar whereas, us (young ones, included pa ako diyan LOL) we dread on the Monday morning blues. It's a bit like paying off a mortgage - you take out a big one and you'll have a lot to pay off later on.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger vina said…

    now i'm sorry for monday! such an underdog, tsk tsk tsk.

    go monday! :P

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dez, this post is so weird hahaha. but cool

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i hate monday...nalulungkot na ako pag sunday evening na kasi kailangan na namang kumayod ng buong linggo...ang sarap pag friday na...

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    off topic ulit... did you buy yourself a pro account sa flickr?

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    hahaha that was supposed to be my xmas gift for Clem!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    To be fair to all 7 days, can we then call all of them "Friday"? No favoritism whatsoever.

    Then we, ungrateful earthlings, would be thankful to God everyday. TGIF.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger