}
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
which poem are you?
I'm the Mad Girl's Love Song by Sylvia Plath. I could be mad. On second thought, I most probably am. Why I got a love-sucky poem? I have no idea. Maybe it's an aftermath of all this talk about weddings and anniversaries. Hehe. Well, you guys tell me if this poem is me:

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

God topples from the sky, hell's fires fade:
Exit seraphim and Satan's men:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

I fancied you'd return the way you said,
But I grow old and I forget your name.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)


To take the test, click here.
dezphaire strapped in @ 4:16 PM  

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    I am sonnet 17 by pablo neruda... i'm a romantic. believe in true love.. Niiiiice. and still loveless. mwehehehehe

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    lol.. foz, it's soooooooo u. especially the beWITCHing part.. oh and the 'drop dead' too.. oh and the 'i think i made you up inside my head' part too.. oh and.. haha sorry.. i was just reminded of that part in dude where's my car: 'and then.. ang den.. ang den.. ang den..'

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    aaaah! sonnet 17! chips and i loooove that poem. actually in the absence of a "themesong" yan ang aming "themeprose" (if i may create a term). hehe.

    can i just say that it's sooo you. you romantic you.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger