}
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
sweet sorrow
I have come to the realization that soon, I will be parting with a dear, dear piece of my life. It's a major part of my identity. My companion since my first year of college. My alone-time buddy. My comforting sense of freedom. Sigh.

Of course I'm talking about my car. After that overheating escapade I had last Thursday, it donned on my that it is inevitable. I will lose it. I have to lose it. My dad will get me a new (meaning, used and not brand new) one, but as the cliche goes, it will never be the same.

So I pay homage to the beautiful bull-bars, the ass-kicking mags, the roof rack (that I never used but it looked good anyway), the trunk that doubled as the tech & properties storage room for Once on this Island and Murder in the Cathedral (the other productions I can't recall).

I characteristically resist change (especially big ones). And this one would be hard.
dezphaire strapped in @ 1:06 PM  

6 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aw man, your car? yeah, it will never be the same. i remember the first car i drove (snuck out to learn, hehe). it was one of those late 70s lancers with the saturn engine. it could even win in drag races. drove it til it finally died... still think of it fondly :)

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Jekisca said…

    take a picture, scrapbook it and tell your car you are letting it go to pasture... you are destined to have another journey with a different car that will lead you to new places. Never fear, a new passion will arise.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    as sad as it is, it's inevitable. sigh. life goes on. jessica, great idea - i'll take a picture of it once it's out of the shop :)

    i'm driving my sister's honda now. and i feel that i lost "the" image somewhere. driving a 4x4 [even a small one] just does wonders for your driving self esteem...

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    my friend is selling a BMW 325i if you're interested.

    i want it for myself though... but i don't want to let go of my car either.

    xP

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    elber: ummm... i think that's over the budget. unless it's a good deal. hehe.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    guess it is a bit pricey for a 2nd hand car. oh well...

    i'll be able to save up for it... in something like 10 years! =/

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger