}
Thursday, February 10, 2005
without meat
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. A day of fasting and abstinence. I dreaded the no-meat thing. Meat is my sole source of sustainance. I eat minimal veggies and I don't like seafood. So I usually abstain from coffee and just eat meat. Coffee, for those who know me, is the reason why my blood flows during the day. But come Lent, I'd rather be catching Zzz's than an ulcer.

The thing is, I haven't been getting good sleep (as if I get enough sleep anyway) lately. So yesterday I was barely awake as I trudged to work. I couldn't, for the life of me, keep my senses alive and it felt like my neck would let go of my head at any moment. I therefore opted to take coffee and not eat meat that day. Gad. It felt like PMS.

This is me without meat:
- sleepy
- slow
- bratty
- impatient
- whiny
- highly irritable
- irrational

Yep. Surely a sacrifice to have been with me that day. All in the spirit of Lent.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:25 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    naku, i should have made the meatless month bet with you pala... that way i actually stand a good chance of winning :P
    april

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    hehe. yes april, you picked the wrong sister. she could survive on non-fat cheese and vegetable crackers. her will to diet is unbelievable (and so are her binges... but don't tell her i told you that).

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger drivebyshooter said…

    i don't know how i'll survive without meat either. heck, i don't know how i'll survive on one meal. it's a wonder we all manage to survive through lent.

    anyway, nice new template!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger