}
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
shopped to death
This month is unlike any other. I couldn't remember shopping for so many stuff. I am absolutely broke. Remember that budget I had that was only enough for one more week of food, gas and parking? Gone. It's a good thing that my dad gave me this pre-paid card worth 500 bucks of gas (free from the renewal of the car insurance). I went to a another sale.

Powerbooks is on sale. Until the end of the month, it's 20-70% off on books. The bookworm in me went berzerk. And of course the shopaholic could not wait until payday. Keeping in mind that I had very limited cash (and naked of any credit powers), I limited my purchases to two books:

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

The plot just lures. Now I just have to finish The Athenian Murders as fast (but savoringly so) as I can.
dezphaire strapped in @ 12:05 PM  

7 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Wow! The month is flying by so fast! Parang kelan lang nalaman ko na may sale this month. I wanna go book shopping but have no time at all!!! Waaaaaah!!! I shall make it a point to go na this weekend. Swear!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    wow! that's some self-control you got there :)

    i'm all desire...

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    and oh! thanks for the link! i'll be reading you :)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    Cat: don't worry, National Bookstore's sale is until 2nd week of September - so you've got more time there!

    Naomi: but why?!? ako... mamatay na akong nagbabasa ng best-sellers kaysa ng mga competitive and business analysis (ick).

    dreaming-neko: uhh... did you mean that sarcastically? haha. self control is a come-and-go concept for me.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    ...but you did keep it down to 2 books!

    well, self-control is over-rated anyways... shopping, coffee, readers are much more fun :)

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    aha!!! u bought the name of the rose naaaa!!! unahan tayo!!! haha

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    dreaming-neko: that is true. i had the grandest time yesterday evening with my Somoza novel and a cup of good brewed coffee.

    asphaire: bru i'm now reading "The Historian" - and people mistake it for a biology textbook (remember that big green thing). i don't know when i'm going to finish that...

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger