}
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
bookmarked
A book baton passed from Kuya Jeff. Readers unite!

Number of books on the shelves:
Shelf in attic: 200++
(if none of the old novels have been sold or thrown away)
Shelf on desk: 100++
(recent novels and an almost complete series of Nancy Drew Case Files)

Those that I own/bought: Hmmm. Difficult. Can't enumerate. Maybe around 60% is bought by me (or I've persuaded someone to buy it for me), the rest are hand-me-downs or gifts.

5 Last books bought:
  1. Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
  2. The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
  3. The Dante Club (Matthew Pearl)
  4. Conspirators (forgot author)
  5. 100 Love Poems (Pablo Neruda)
Book/s I'm reading now:

  1. Athenian Murders (Jose Carlos Somoza)
  2. English-Tagalog dictionary
Last 5 books read (in no particular order):

  1. The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
  2. Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
  3. Coraline (Neil Gaiman)
  4. Conspirators - "kinda" read. I gave up. The author incorporates the dialogue in mega-paragraphs. Not very reader-friendly. Buti nalang sale.
  5. The Moth Diaries (Rachel Klein)
  6. The Dante Club (Matthew Pearl). Since number 4 was just a "kinda" read.
Books I'll cherish (in no particular order):

  1. My Dan Brown books.
  2. The Dante Club. Mayee, I trust that it's still alive and well :)
  3. Letters to a Young Poet (Rainer Maria Rilke).
  4. Compiled Poetry (Emily Dickinson) in hardbound.
  5. Seinlanguage by Jerry Seinfeld. Ahh, sarcasm.
  6. The Little Book of Crap. Chips gave this to me as an i-miss-you present. How apt.
  7. My Witching Hour and Lasher (Anne Rice) hardbound versions.
  8. Reader's Digest hardbound almanac of "Unexplained Mysteries"
  9. The Watcher's Guide: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Golden & Holder)
  10. The Sunnydale High Yearbook (Golden & Holder)
Passing the baton to: Juana. Apester. Jojo. Asphaire. Sapphire.
dezphaire strapped in @ 3:35 PM  

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hala, pressure! hehehe. thanks for the book baton. will try to fill it up one of these days....

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anung maganda kay neil gaiman at ang mga novels nya?

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: hehe, will be waiting for that.

    jon: hey, thanks for stopping by :)

    gin: i'm not quite a fan, so i don't know all his books. i know that another good novel of his my friend wanted me to read was "Neverwhere".

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    I didnt see the tag!!! ok ok i'll work on this

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger