}
Monday, August 01, 2005
envisioned
I got my eyes checked this Saturday. My progressive near-sightedness again... well, progressed. Every year, my eyes get blurry-er. This year, my left eye gained a hefty 100 more and my right eye 50. That makes my left eye around 650 and my right 350 thereabouts. I read somewhere that above 600, you're considered legally blind. My left eye is useless, I believe. Still, the eye doctor person opted to just increase the right eye and keep the grade on my left. Because when she made me use that ugly contraption testing the full grades, it seemed like I was walking on water (and probably because she figured that it was useless anyway). I hope this adjustment will be enough to keep me focused.

Last night, sporting my new right-eye contact lens, I finished a book - Neil Gaiman's Coraline. A twisted story of sorts. A very good one hour spent. It looks like one of those Sweet Valley Kids books - big fonts and drawings. A website called it a "creepy tale for children of all ages". Creepy is the word. For children? Well, if your kid was as creepy as creepy gets, maybe. Or maybe if you want to scare your kid into being more appreciative and loving to you as his/her mother, read this as a bedtime story.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:07 AM  

4 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Both my eyes have a grade of 750. pag wala akong salamin patay na talaga ;p

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    saan ka nagpapagawa ng contacts?
    may regular ka bang salamin? saan ka nagpapagawa? pwede kaya sa kanilang magpagawa using Foreign Prescription?
    magkano na ang typical na japorms na salamin?

    may gamit pa ang left eye mo--pampacute.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    slither dude: patay nga talaga! grabehan... 750?!?

    touchstone: Executive Optical. i guess you can just present your prescription and get a re-check, if ever.

    tagal ko na hindi bumili ng frames. if you want really nice ones, i reco D&G. that's around 5-6K.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you not to be a stronger and faster reader. That will destroy your eyes. You should read a chapter or two enough for you important eyes.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger