}
Friday, May 19, 2006
i'm wearing new shoes
I finally got to wear the new shoes I bought last weekend. Schu was on a 50% off sale. Of course, the four-letter word of evil got the better of me. This is exactly my size but they did hurt a bit. Now they hurt a lot. Maybe later in the afternoon, they will hurt a whole lot. But they're pretty. About two and a half worth of a skinny heel. And it's green in faux snakeskin. It's got a strap going around the ankle. I think I need to have another hole punched into the strap though, because my ankles are skinny.

I'm also glad it's a Friday (yey!). The downside is, that it's the last day to accomplish everything that I have to do. Which is a mightly lot of stuff. Tonight we're planning to watch a movie. It's this group movie date that Chips had set up with his buddies.

Speaking of movies, we're also scheduled to watch The Da Vinci Code tomorrow. I really want to see if they captured the book right. And I hope we get good seats reserved. And that we get decent people as company in the movie theatre. With all the hype and contention happening, I'm sure everyone would want to watch it, even those who haven't even heard or originally cared about the book.

On that note, I'm really disappointed at how the conservative groups here handled this thing. It was a great PR blunder. Humans, by nature, become curious about things that are said to be wrong and taboo. And with all the defense mechanisms, wouldn't it make people think all the more that you've got something to hide? It's how people think. Can't deny that. And, some people highly opposed to the book haven't even read it and they're preaching all this stuff about its blasphemy. So there they are, adding more to the hype, increasing curiosity. I tuned out last Sunday when the priest started yammering about how bad the book was. If he was talking about the writing style, maybe I'd listen. But oh well. It's a whole vortex of fault pointing.

Well, let's just swirl back into a state of apathy. I'm still watching the movie. And I'm wearing new shoes.
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:20 AM  

10 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i turn into this completely delirious person when i see the word SALE. last night i was only supposed to meet a friend for dinner, and at the end, I got my dinner and a new bag. hahahaha. grabe, next week pa dapat great singapore sale, bakit naguumpisa na?!?!

    agree with you completely on the DVC issue.

    problema ko kung pano ko mapapanood...still haven't figured out where and how to leave the princess.

    have a nice "kalyo-free-toes" weekend!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger she said…

    i didn't like the movie, the book was way better (as usual)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: i gave up later in the day. i had to change into slippers. buti nalang my gym bag was in the office.

    she: i've been hearing that the movie was quite boring. sayang. but i'll still watch it anyway :)

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger rudyman said…

    many critics dint like DVC and tom hanks wasnt able to live up to the role of d supposed to be atheletic and vibrant scholar... but im still going to watch it. congrats to ur new shoes. :) ok to a english and tagalog blog versions

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my vote goes to the furry creatures! over the hedge, here i come!!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    your shoe-fetish is catchy :)

    i spent over $400 at kenneth cole for a pair of black loafers, a pair of brown crocodile slippers with a matching belt!!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    rudyman: i was skeptical about tom hanks playing langdon. and Ralph Feinnes was actually being considered for the role as well. dangit. he would've been better.

    i still have to schedule a date to watch it. weekend plans were foiled. double dang.

    apester: haha. it does seem quite funny :)

    neko: i wish i had $400...

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grabe, tagal na akong di nadaan sa blog mo!!! At tagal na din ako di blog, flickr, multiply, ekh, ehk, ekh...

    I wish I had new shoes... Can't buy new clothes, eh...

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Audrey Tautou.


    That's the only reason why im watching the movie =)

    As for the book... not bad, but the hooplah it generated is just ridiculous.

    hope you enjoy it =)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    i wish i had $400 too :(

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger