}
Sunday, August 06, 2006
getting better
Okay, at least this year I didn't cram. This year, I actually remembered to kinda prepare. Although I was on the brink of forgetting. At first I told him I wouldn't have time to prepare and shop for gifts. Well, I was thinking I might end up rushing like last year... so at least I've set that up. The deal was that at least (if the gift never happens), I'd treat him to dinner.

But then I thought, well, if I have time let's get him a gift. One lunch time, I left early to browse for a gift. I knew that he wanted an FM transmitter for his Nano. But the one we saw was kinda expensive. I got to find one that's about 500 bucks cheaper (or maybe more). That done, I was already kind of proud of myself.

I walked on through another mall, on the way to 6750 where I was supposed to have a meeting with Client at around 2PM. I passed by a video store. And then ching! An idea hit me. I'd get him his favorite movie. I knew that they had a 2-disc special. I thought of actually not getting them, since I already had a gift in my hand. But this gift was predictable. I need something that will surprise him. So there they were, now being paid, the card being swiped: Batman and Batman Returns. Over the budget now, but well, who cares. It's going to make him happy.

So today I gave him the gifts, plus a nice card. I treated him to dinner at Sorabol, for a Korean BBQ extravaganza. We then had coffee to balance out the headaches brewing from eating too much. It was a happy birthday. It's a great feeling, when the happiness of one person makes you feel all nice and giddy inside. Happy Birthday to my man. Mwah!
Here's what I wrote in the card:
No one else, Love, will sleep in my dreams. You will go,
we will go together, over the waters of time.
No one else will travel through the shadows with me,
only you, evergreen, ever sun, ever moon.
-- Pablo Neruda, LXXXI
I'm getting better, ain't I?
dezphaire strapped in @ 1:54 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How shweet... yun lang... Api berfdei tu ur man... Man. :)

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wooheeee.....happy birthday to Chips!

    you still surprise me....didn't know you could be soooo sweet :)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    you are a sweet one. happy b-day!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger