}
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
pinhole practice

eager excited ecstatic
Originally uploaded by jolengs.

I'm finally done with the test. The experiment went rather well, with some shots surprisingly recognizable. All of them largely blurred, because I couldn't keep my hands steady that long (pasmado kasi). I had to not care that I looked like some weirdo holding a little plastic box up for over 20 seconds. I think I'm getting somewhere. I just bought double-sided tape to renew the pinhole - it's smaller and sans tearing.

truckThis camera redefines "manual". The film took me ages to load. And winding it after every shot is just one big guessing game. Is this enough? Is this too much? Am I wasting film? Anyway, the suspense factor I guess adds to its appeal. And also the fact that you can double-expose without even meaning to. Which is what happened with my favorite guinea pig shot. Hehe. I don't even remember what I double-exposed it with! Freaky.
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:02 PM  

3 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    I think this is best for creating abstract photos. Hehe. This hobby is rather peculiar, huh? Looks like it takes patience and persistence to come up with a nice pic but you seem to be enjoying it. That's good.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    abaniko: this hobby is also expensive! hehe. i'm spending so much on film and processing. but i guess it's the suspense - not knowing what you got. my digicam is taking the backseat for now.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger wandering storyteller said…

    hahahaha. double exposure mo ang artista tapos sobrang ibang context na subject. paparazzi of weirdness! Ü

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger