}
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
extra charge for a banana
I am not really ranting about service. I just don't get the logic. Or maybe there isn't really any logic. You be the judge:

We were eating lunch at Pancake House today. And I really wanted this Vanilla French Toast thing that they had going. It had mango slices, french toast, and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Beautiful. After a few minutes, the waitress approaches me and informs me that they don't have any mangos anymore. They can only give me peaches. But I didn't want peaches. I don't eat peaches. So I ask if it can be replaced by bananas. Which in my mind, should be possible. Because it's a fruit replacing another fruit. She goes back in to confirm. As she returns, she tells me that getting a banana will result to an extra charge. I am bewildered at that point. Isn't a banana even cheaper than a peach? Why will they charge me extra for a banana? I'm not getting the peach. It's called a replacement.

In the end, I wanted to really eat the thing but without the peach. I opted to just get charged for the friggin banana. The dessert was heavenly. I loved it. But at the back of my head I still kept thinking... why the hell did they charge me extra for a cheaper fruit that replaced the original one?

If I was a monkey, I'd be really pissed and throw a fit. But I am not a monkey. So there.
dezphaire strapped in @ 2:02 PM  

3 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baka imported yung banana at baka mas marami ang kelangan ilagay sa toasty kay you have to pay extra (o baka naman mahirap gawin yun with banana) unlike the peach? Yun kaya ang logic dun? Hehehe.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger DanieL said…

    they opted to charge you for the banana because it was "outside" of the normal way of preparing that desert. the thing is, they didn't even think anymore if charging you extra actually made sense or it was all just a matter of sticking following company protocol (charge for add-ons, which wasn't an add-on anyway). they didn't analyze or merely thought if the whole picture would make sense, at all. tsk, tsk, tsk.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger vina said…

    why would they charge you for the friggin' banana?

    yeah, i'm not offering any theory here.

    but really...why?

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger