}
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
vanity strikes

vanity strikes
Originally uploaded by dezphaire.

This is what happens when you have a new toy with you as you go shopping. Mango was going about its end-of-season sale. The dress I'm wearing in the photo was down to 2,000Php (wow, like that made it all of a sudden affordable). I decided to relegate the funds to more purchases of film.

I always like going into the sales of high-end stores. Even if i'm 90% sure I would end up buying nothing. I'm just hoping somehow I'd stumble across a great find. There was this time I got my hands on this very glam puffa vest at Mango. The tag said 799Php. WOW goddammit I can't let this pass! I was hanging onto it for dear life as I browsed through the rest of the racks. When I was about to pay for it, the counter lady said it was tagged wrong. And that it was actually 1,000++ something. ACK! The horror. The dismay. I knew it was too good to be true.

I'm such a cheapskate. Maybe I should just stick to ukay. And make it glam by virtue of personality.

dezphaire strapped in @ 10:21 AM  

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The shots looks CD-ish cover to me. I am now broke after purchasing Baby Safari. Argh, my plastic is dying if I buy another gadget.

    i don't know why few "little things" I like always have to be expensive.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you look beautiful on the picture.

    i also do the same, i hang-out at hi-end stores taking chances for bargains.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger vina said…

    i used to go loco over mango sales.
    i don't know what happened.
    have i changed? i don't think so. i've just become a fan of SM department store, haha!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Padakkam said…

    yo fozz... nice blog :)
    im loving this lomo thing.. does it have digital equivalent?

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    Hey Dez, you look like a European model in the pic. About the wrongly tagged item, actually you can always insist that they follow the one on the tag. I did this before with a book and they were left with no other option but to give the said book to me at the indicated tag price. I saved P800 on that purchase.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger