}
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
the day of the love

lonely
Originally uploaded by dezphaire.

It's that time of the year again. When styro cut-out hearts and sweet glittery swirls surround you. Boxes of ruffled chocolates. Silly dressed-up stuffed toys. Ballads of outpouring emotions. Gifts wrapped in shimmery paper. Cards that play when you press a button.

I hope I get none of those for Valentine's. Yah, call me a party pooper. Your valentine scrooge. I really don't feel the need. You'll be clamoring for a table reservation in a restaurant filled with mushy-wushy couples. You'll be strolling along holding-hands along with throngs of people doing the same thing. Oh I'd so hate to be the girl lugging a bouquet of flowers around. Or one of those bears holding little printed balloons. Come on, is that a statement of love or of ordinary conformity? I say that it means he can't think of anything else. The last thing I'd want to have is that day's commodity.

Yah well, I'd like to think of myself as not an ordinary kind of girl. And I love being surprised by something different. Because it means that it was given thought. It means that I mean something more than the usual. Now that, my dear, is a sign that he cares, that he knows you, that he wants it to be memorable. I mean, if you can't think of anything else to do, then just have a quiet cup of coffee at home and talk. That's as bare and sincere a heartfelt expression can get. Which is better, I think, than letting a balloon speak for you.

Am I being difficult? Maybe I just enjoy being difficult. But isn't that the challenge? The thrill? When you are able to surprise and go beyond what is expected? Well, for me at least.

Good thing I have someone who's always up for the challenge :)

dezphaire strapped in @ 10:25 AM  

2 Comments:

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger