}
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
sharing of a monstrous vision
Last Friday, Chips and I were having dinner at Figaro Greenbelt. Then Chips called to my attention a monstrous sight. I will do my best to describe the horrendous apparition that came before us. I apologize for not being able to take a picture, as it was moving around and refused capture. Plus, the phonecamera was not exactly meant for night vision.

The said "creature" was young, with other beings of her age. Adults were chaperones. I will blame these people claiming guidance over the one who did not know any better, for letting her frolic freely (and oh so confidently, which is sad). Imagine the un-styled collusion of the following:

One: Animal print leggings. Note that this was worn alone, as bottoms, without the stylish coverage of a miniskirt or a loose flowy blouse. Also note that they are ill-fitting. I cannot fathom a pair of supposedly skin-hugging leggings to actually not fit the skin that one is in, but this pair was a wee bit pudgy on the crotch area.

Two: A tight, brown tank top. Although I have nothing against tight brown tanks as I myself am an avid fan, there is something to be said about wearing a short (belly-button length) one together with animal print leggings that is pudgy at the crotch.

Three: A stretch waist belt (the type that crinkles). Again, I am a supporter of the waisted belt trend. But for a 2-inch bronze belt to be worn over a short, tight tank atop animal print leggings -- it is an amalgamation of horrors.

Four: A tailored, cropped short-sleeved jacket of the cream color. To be worn with a tank top is not a crime. But please note that it is worn with the growing fashion feast of wrongness.

Five: Cream square-tipped shoes. Not pumps. Nor sandals. More of loafer-ish. With a wedged heel. Need I say more.

Six: A carnation pink chain-type shoulder bag. And when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Seven: A thick animal print head band to top it all off.

I have collected some photo references, for your appreciation. I must say though, that these items can be worn stylishly, selectively combined or separately, but not in such a violative overflowing manner of horridness. I know, I'm mean. But can you just imagine all of this walking around care of just one lost and unjustifiably confident victim?
dezphaire strapped in @ 9:57 AM  

5 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baket, baket? Kawawang nilalang!!!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger vina said…

    ha! and i bet you weren't the only ones enjoying, or cringing at the sight.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yah, you should blame the chaperones as the poor girl was obviously blind.

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger dreaming-neko said…

    beware the fashion police! :)

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear, fishnet stockings are apparently back! *scream*

    -asphaire.wordpress.com

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger