}
Friday, July 02, 2004
death by PC wire
With all of you knowing my current unblogged status at work, let's pretend that this post is still up-to-date, shall we?

It was Friday, June 25, when my dad finally decided to bring my home PC to the hospital (i.e. where it was assembled). The blasted thing has been kaput for so many months and I was beyond itching to get it past being a huge paperweight. The thing restarts itself. Although there was no paranormal activity involved, I lived in fear that a chance of almost 40GB worth of files-slash-memories would be unrecoverable.

The hospital called. It's just the powersource. The hard drives are safe. For perspective, I have two HD's and my Windows was on dual boot - one boots 98 and the other boots XP. Just so I don't alienate any non-XP-compatible programs. So, Haaaalleluuuuujah! Jump for joy, jump for joy! We could get it Sunday.

Sunday came. I happily skipped to the store, awaiting the return of my fixed baby. BUT - we found out that the PC wasn't fixed yet. Bummer. The owner of the place said that the tech guy went home for an emergency. We'd get it tomorrow.

Since I was at work, my dad would pick my baby up. Despite getting home late that night, I proceeded to reconnecting everything. I pressed the power button and waited anxiously like a child during Christmas. Hmmm. Not the same. My dad comes in the room, "he fixed your hard drives but backed up all the files". What?!? I find that both hard drives are now running on XP. Puta. Techie guy said that Windows was installed wrong - there was a 98 and an XP running at the same time. Boba! I had someone with a Master's Degree in IT install that dual boot thing for me. I don't think it would be wrong.

So what happened to my programs? Kaput. My settings? Nada. The scanner, the printer the digital camera? Need to re-install. The files? They were all dumped into this folder (as in literally dumped). Did I need this techie guy to play smarty-pants and fix something not broken? No. Driving the point better (in filipino): Bakit pa daw kailangang magmagandang loob itong puchang itong mag-ayos ng hindi naman sira? He obviously didn't watch Beauty and the Beast - Cogsworth said, "If it ain't baroque, don't fix it!"

Anak ng pucha naman oo. Sakalin ko kaya sya ng kable. He should thank me for not being a raging psychopath.
dezphaire strapped in @ 2:42 PM  

4 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    hahaha naknampuch talaga! wawa ka talga! ako din eh, just got my connection back at home a few hours ago! HALLELUJAH! but a lack of DSL connection at home didnt stop me from blogging.. hehe buti nalang may internet cafe akong kapitbahay. About the files and the installing of XP.. good gawd, i know exactly how u feel!!!!!!!!!! Happened to me. Well, at least i finally get to see a new post up. That's a good sign ;)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Nakakainis talaga yung mga "mas marunong" pa sa iyo!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    agree. besides being smarty pants, they don't confirm! ano ba naman yung tawagan kami to say... "uh, mam pwede bang ayusin ang hard drives." sana nabawasan ng stress.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger harveydean said…

    Come back dezphaire - we need you

    www.thirty_something.blogspot.com

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger