}
Friday, July 16, 2004
over re-heated food
Tired today.  Chips came from the gym and before that, a long day at work (something apparently stressful happened at the bank today, and I couldn't understand it - bank things are complicated).  I, with an evil case of the sniffles, came fresh from a hard day at work, preparing for a major event and finishing up a major production.  We were going to have a hopefully stress-free 10pm dinner.
 
I think he's finally gotten to accepting the fact that in Advertising, we don't control the our time.  I envy that he gets off at 5:30 sharp.  At that time, Creatives are lost without any word, leaving you to make excuses to Clients following up via email, mobile phone and Yahoo Messenger.  Our industries are worlds apart.  We've been together for 3 years and a half.  I think he's taking that in.  And I'm so thankful for the patience (and the existence of the gym).  Alright, digressing.  Back to the dinner.
 
Okay.  So three years and a half right?  We've been together all this time, and thoughts of ending up together (as in permanently) just shoot up my head every now and then... I don't know, maybe it's a girl thing.  On this occasion, since we were engaged in such a domestic activity - re-heating food for dinner - I just blurted out a question: Hunny, do you think of what it would be like to live with me? (getting mushy, I know)
 
He took it from a work-schedule standpoint (and maybe because we were eating dinner): We'd probably not be eating dinner at the same time that often.  Hmmm.  Okay, I was hoping for something more skewed towards the idea of living... like with stuff and a house... and stuff.
 
He went on to say that he'll probably be the one cleaning our place up (he cleaned up my desk one time, and he was happy after).  He said that I'll probably help a little, but then go sit around, go online, or watch TV.  Then he'd ask me to help some more, and I'd allegedly help a little... and after a while go back to sitting around watching TV.  Net, he'd end up doing most of the work.
 
I stare, flabberghasted.  I must admit that I'm no home-body.  But hmmm... this makes me think.  I wail inside as I realize the shortcomings of myself.  I can't cook - I make one helluva cup of coffee, but well, he doesn't drink coffee.  Laundry?  Good think there are laundromats (or Ariel, isang babad ka lang! <-- shameless plug).  Man, this is bad.  Officially un-domesticated.
 
He follows-up his prediction with something with a semblance of redemption:  Yah, but that's just at the start hunny.  I smile (too early).  He takes it back with a sly one:  because later on you'd get a maid and you'd really do nothing!  He laughs.  Kainis.
 
Dinner's done.  He stands up to clean up the dishes.  I begin to help by reaching for the glasses.  He stops me short and grabs them from me.  "It's okay hun, I'll do it."  Okay, now this makes for a confused me.  What were we talking about just a few seconds earlier?  Right.  "See, you never let me do anything."
 
Heading towards the sink with all the dishes, he simply says, "You're sick."
 
What did I do to deserve this guy.  A wide smile spread across me.  And I'm proud to say that I didn't forget our month-sary, unlike the last time. 

dezphaire strapped in @ 11:25 PM  

5 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww.. ang sweet naman. =) regards kay chips - kateh

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    A and I are like that too! We often talk about the future or what it is like living together. Just like you, I'm no home-body. I can't cook but I can make sandwiches. :) I once said that I could ask our cook to make a week's worth of food for us, I just supply her with the groceries. We could just freeze them then reheat them when it's time to eat. The problem is, A doesn't like re-heated food. So I told him, "Oh well, I guess I won't tell you na lang na I reheated it. I'll pretend I cooked it." :p

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    i've been bitten by the sweet bug lately. maybe it's because of the pressures wielded by Chips' impending birthday (for which i totally have nothing planned)...

    argh.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    Dez, this is the second time i read this post coz the first time, i just skimmed through it and when i got to the "you're sick" part, i really thought it was the "eew, you are sick (in the head)" type.. haha so i thought u were being sarcastic.

    Now, (at 5 o'clock in the freakin mornin coz i set my alarm an hour early! hah!) I read the whole thing and yup, us "un-domesticated" girls need extremely patient guys.. more so u (STILL in advertising).. haha

    In truth though, sometimes sarap ng may kausap about that noh? I noticed.. i'm the only one posting a comment who's not "happily taken".. haha.

    KATEH: hoy magparamdam ka naman sakin! ;)

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger bella said…

    haha, kelangan ko din ng domesticated guy. i'll wash the dishes and do the laundery but i hate to cook and arrange things. buti na lang yung lovey ko, OC kaya siya nagaayos ng kalat ko :D

    wytchgurl

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger