}
Monday, July 12, 2004
red alert for perfect timing
It's my first time to meet clients for this account. I'm going to be presenting creative materials for a promo, at their office, with my big boss and my little boss. Yeah, it's the perfect venue for first impressions. I dress up in my favorite Mango pants (denim-ish), my Nine West high heels, a basic tee and a winning mustard bag I found in ukay-ukay. Okay, let's go on and head to work feeling like a Trojan Army.

So, what couldn't have happened at a better time? The monthly friend. A big AAAAARRRRGGGHHH! Sorry to the guys, you may tune out at this point if you choose. But I'd just have to say... 'Naknampucha. Second day is always the worst. The girls probably know where I'm leading to. A run down please (again, guys, permission to tune out):

The cab ride. Feeling quite squeemish due to the maxi pad (although it already claimed to be super-slim). Feeling like the Niagara Falls. Am I hemorrhaging? Shit. Stained the seat. Is that me? Okay, that's me. Shit. My bosses and I scramble for a peice of paper that I could sit on. My first reaction was to sit on the long envelope containing the compres. They frantically stopped me.

Arriving at Client's office. I can't take this. I need to buy reinforcements. My bosses get off to meet and stall Client while I stay in the cab and look for a convenience store.

The convenience store. Buy a pack. Get tissue. No public comfort room. I desparately ask the store if I can use theirs. Quickly remedy what I can (will not go into details).

At Client's. Do I want to sit on their old rose seats? No choice. I present. Squeemishly. I did my best to hide the slight trembling. This is the oddest form of anxiety I've ever felt. My bosses were trying not to laugh. I was trying not to strangle myself.

I'll never believe the word maxi again. Even if it has wings.
dezphaire strapped in @ 12:13 PM  

2 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    UGHH! That just proves that we shouldn't believe commercials! (Whoops! Don't you work in an ad agency? =p)

    That's why I use tampons.. to avoid situations like the one you went through. It's sooo much better and it's like not even there (sabay flip sa hair and big smile to the camera).

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    ahaha tama bang pinag-uusapan ang napkins, tampons at katagusan. kudos to us girls. for surviving such things.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger