}
Sunday, August 08, 2004
procrastinating, again.
It was Chips' birthday last Friday, August 6. A week before that he told me that he wanted to go to the beach. I filed for leave. Then I got to thinking... what in the world would I give him? See, this is always the struggle every time there is a "day" to celebrate. An anniversary, a birthday, Christmas, etc. It's always so difficult to give a guy (especially a guy you've been giving all kinds of gifts to for almost 4 years) the perfect gift. I'm scared that at one point, I'm going to run out of creative ideas and just end up giving him ankle socks.

His birthday was looming. I plan to give him a cake. A cake from Sugarhouse that he has been constantly raving about, but never got to eat again. Okay. So there's an idea. But I was faced by primarily two problems: One, how and when do I buy the cake? So much is going on at work that we don't have time to eat out or go to the mall. By the time I get out of work, the mall is closed. Two, how do I get the cake to the beach? At that time I didn't even know what it was made of. Should I stick it in a cooler? Will it fit in the cooler? Will it not die in the cooler? ARG.

Also, Chips told me that he was going to have a dinner thing at his house, after the beach, for the rest of his barkada. So... when do I bring the cake? Should I just bring the cake to his house for the dinner? If so, who will bring the cake? I'll be coming from the beach demmit! Wednesday. My big boss handed me a post-it which seemed like a message from God. Kulang nalang may glow tapos may hallelujah sa background. It had the number of Sugarhouse. They deliver. Yey! I could have them delivered to my house, I'd stick it in the cooler and we're off to the beach (if it could live that long). But then, the lifespan of the damn cake (as I found out from the Sugarhouse people) was just 1 hour unrefrigerated. Okay there goes the cooler idea. Fine, I'll have it delivered to their house for the dinner. That's fixed.

After a while, I felt that I wasn't satisfied with just a cake. Aside from the fact that his boss (na may HD sa kanya) gave him two cakes. I don't know, it's probably the scorpion in me. So Thursday night after work, I went on a gift hunt. I knew that I wanted to give him something he could use or wear. Slippers or pants (or ankle socks if I'm desperate). Adidas was on sale. Great! Okay problem number three: what's his size again? I am so bad. So bad. I actually called him to ask. Bahala na si Batman. At least he's in suspense. I browse around. I went to SM. I ended up buying a bag... for myself! Haha! Shiyet.

But I did find rubber slippers from Adidas. I got a size 10. It ended up to be too big for him. Good thing we were able to return it yesterday. And that was that. And he was really happy.
dezphaire strapped in @ 5:11 PM  

4 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    Happy Birthday to Chips! See? You actually remembered his birthday!!! But at least you got him a gift! Remember in my post about A's birthday, I mentioned that I'll give him a DIY present? Guess what? It's almost a month and I haven't started yet!!!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tawa ako ng tawa when i got to the part about you buying a bag for yourself.. hehe :)

    april

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    Yep. Chips said it was bound to happen. He said that I can't not buy anything for myself when in a mall.

    He just knows me so well. Haha.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if he own a PDA, buy him some registered software from the internet :)

    -- jayvee
    www.20six.co.uk/abuggedlife

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger