}
Friday, October 08, 2004
my baby's back
My dad picked up my baby from the hospital (funny, this line sounds so familiar). I only got to install it the other day. And I was ecstatic. It booted quickly, without hanging. There were only five icons on the desktop and I didn't have any of those annoyingly useless update icons by the time & date thing. I gaped at how clean everything was. I excitedly click the Start button, checked out the programs and was glad to find that only the basic ones were installed. For the first time in a long time, my PC was actually real-time responsive.

But. Here's the kicker. The technicial played smart-ass once again (yes, this sounds familiar too). I check out the HD and find that my old files are still there. Yes, My Documents was empty, but the rest... are still there. I also find that previous users' documents and settings are still there. Which means that he didn't start from a clean slate. Didn't I say that I wanted it reformatted? Totally clean? He even confirmed if he can erase everything. I said yes. Wasn't that clear? Should I have sent him a call report?

Okay. I'm ruining a positive thing. Be happy. Be thankful. The PC is fast. It doesn't hang or restart by itself. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
dezphaire strapped in @ 5:52 PM  

4 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    remember... use zonealarm and adaware to prevent adware intrusions...

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    kuya jeff: yup! i just installed both. i'll get them opera browsers later.

    gusto kita kawayan kanina sa mass. pero baka pagalitan ako ni father nelson. haha.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    sana kumaway ka... sobrang nasira ng college ang mata ko, i could barely recognize you. hanggang electric fan lang sa harap ang nakikita ko ng malinaw (i thought it was you, oo nga ikaw nga)... kung sure lang ako noon na ako na ikaw nga ang nasa harap, kakawayan kita nung peace be with you... hehehehe... : )

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    feeling ko nagdidilim ang paningin ni father nelson sakin - isang babaeng nakasuot ng t-shirt na sabi'y "the darkness" at may bag na may bungo sa harap.

    at least hindi kami late. hehe.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger