}
Saturday, February 18, 2006
valen-huh?
It came, it went, it... just went. This supposed week of hearts was just a week of pain. Almost a third of the day I spent outside of the office with clients. Then I go back to the office, devoid of braincells, to cram all the paperwork and email-reading into what remained of the day. On a side note, I hate that our workplace isn't mobile. As we watch our clients type away their pending reports and check emails while a seminar trudges on, we stare into oblivion and scribble on our yellow pads. Total and utter argh-worthy.

So, what were our plans to unwind during Valentine's? Nothing. I already told Chips not to expect that I'd be out early. Too many things to rush. If ever, we'd just postpone the celebration to the weekend. So yah, the highly romanced day went by just like any other inhumanly evil day at work, with an extra dash of death wishing.

Here's the kicker. I actually spent Valentine's dinner with our clients. And none of them were Pinoy. I was the one and only tagalog-speaking body there (literally). Sigh. See, I never really amazed myself with the presence of this special love day. But it's different when you're spending it with people you don't exactly love.

So Chips and I just contented ourselves with a cup of tea after my extended job order. Although it was just for over an hour, it was enough. We made each other laugh. We had a yummy banana cream pie too. We basically just sincerely enjoyed each other's company. No flowery surprises. No frilly gifts. No mushy serenades. Just simple being-together.

You really don't need a special day to celebrate love. The celebration lies in every moment you feel complete because of someone's mere presence.
dezphaire strapped in @ 2:12 AM  

5 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    I sooooo can relate. A and I didn't see each other on Valentines Day either! Both of us had dates with work, which lasted till early morning. We didn't even see each other or give each other presents.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger she said…

    at least you had somebody to celebrate the vday with :)

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger jk said…

    i love the last two sentences of this post. ;) very true

    tara, mag post vday date tayo ni chips and moby sa rex navarete show this friday! :)

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    naks namannnn!!! but yes sooo true. u know what C and i did? we went out for a damn HUGE real-beef burger, sat outside in the cold and tried to spot as many flower-holding people and snicker. haha

    it's the worst cliche for me.. and to publicly show it.. shame shame shame... hehe no offense to those who celebrate that way ;p

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    sapphire: gash kami wala manlang gifts! hehe. i think it's coz our anniv is so close to valentines, there's still a bit of a hangover.

    she: you want my clients? j/k :)

    kateh: Chips just had an operation to re-fix his knee. so gimmiking is a wee bit off our agenda for the following weeks :)

    asphaire: ahhh burger! sarap! i'd hate to carry a bouquet of flowers in public. i'm just not that type of gurl. hehe.

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger