}
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
about surprises
Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right.

I swear, this sneaking up thing is getting to me. I usually like surprises but only when they're pleasant ones. Well, who would like being surprised by a realization filled with wrongness. It's like this wake up slap. Hey you, don't just sit there. Everything's not fine. It will never be fine. Life is not fine. Life will always find a way to un-fine you.

Anyway, enough of the venting. Let's move onto a cheerier topic. That maybe some of you will not find relevant but I'm going to blog about it anyway. I've been Flickring more than I've been blogging lately. I got into this thing called Lomography. I've had the cameras since last year. But I've just recently gotten to know the ins and outs. About the films and the processing. I'm addicted. Especially when I got my first dose of this drug called cross-processing. It makes for a more unpredictable result. And the suspense kills, but you're very much rewarded in the end.

veranda
shot with a Colorsplash, instant exposure with a purple gel.
Fuji Sensia 100 slide film, cross-processed.

The thing about it though is that you never know if any of the shots will see the light of day. You're crossing your fingers. And pacing. And all that. And when you finally get the shots you're all giddy. Not that everything's there. It's always I guess a surprise of hey, there are actually shots here. And hey, they're not half bad. This is the kind of sneaking up I welcome.

So I've kind of debunked that statement someone made about Lomography not being fit for me because I'm OC. I guess this has taught me to be more receptive to things I cannot control. And I'm very much happy with the results. Now please someone help keep me from bidding on eBay.
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:20 AM  

6 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said…

    so what's the bad surprise that sneaked up on you??? ;)

    and now you're using a film camera? you like it better than your digicam?

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    asphaire: work related ickiness. and yes, my digicam is taking a backseat for now. i'm enjoying the lomolife. the unpredictable effects are like little "highs". hehe.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was resistant to changing to a digic for years because i didn't want to lose the element of surprise that comes with shooting using film-based cams. but that was then. now, i'm already too lazy to think about how to capture the moment. click na lang nang click. i love my digicam!!! :D

    nevertheless, bow ako sa mga lomographers and film-based photographers.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger vina said…

    but we can also choose not to be 'un-fined' and unruffled by life's unpredictability.

    better said than done...but we can always hope for the best.

    whatever it is that bothers you...i bet it couldn't be any worse than mine, hehehuhu...

    haaaay buhay!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    jojo: ako din bow sa kanila. am just pointing and shooting. so far maswerte ako sa kinukuhanan ko hehe.

    vina: aaaawww... punta ka nalang sa Tyler. or drive around Tyler. to make you feel better :)

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Abaniko said…

    You seem to be a little geeky these day Dez, ah. Hehe. Either that or I'm just downright ignorant. My first time to hear about lomography. Anyways, whatever that is, I hope the new hobby will un-unfine you. Enjoy!

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger