}
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
cravings and intellectual compulsions
Because I am stressed, PMS-ing and really just a nerd at heart.

CRAVINGS:
1. shawarma with cheese from Food Channel
2. gravy. regardless if it's with KFC or Chicken McDo
3. bacon
4. ukay-ukay
5. and last but definitely not the least, shoes

COMPULSIONS:
I blame the Discovery Channel for this. They had a special on Nefertiti. While watching it, my brain (seemingly stuck in college) was recalling the Nefertiti portrayal in the movie The Mummy Returns and was simultaneously analyzing how consistent it was with her real life. I drew myself into the thick of this thesis.

Imhotep was also in the movie. Imhotep had a lover, Anck-sun-amun. And we all know that Nefertiti had this beautiful fight sequence with Anck-sun-amun. In the movie, Nefertiti was the daughter of a Pharoah. I research, hunt for information, being the geek that I am. I find that Imhotep was actually an architect in the 3rd Dynasty. Nefertiti was Queen of the 18th Dynasty. Malabo ata silang mag-abot. Anck-sun-amun is in reality one of the six daughters of Nefertiti, later betrothed to her half brother, the would-be King Tut. So, parang hindi sila pwedeng mag-duel kung ganun. Also, Nefertiti did not have royal lineage.

Half of me is satisfied with the conclusion of inconsistency. Half still wants to trudge through records and books about ancient Egyptian history.

I shouldn't have skimmed through our Encyclopedia when I was in 5th grade. I mutter to myself, "Nerd."
dezphaire strapped in @ 11:28 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooohhhhh bacon! yeba! sometimes i think i go to pancake house more for the bacon than the pancakes :)

    ukay and shoes? hm. i have a friend who, knowing her, probably shares these cravings... you might know her... ahehehehhe :P

    april

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    bacon rules! so far i've satisfied 1 out of the 5 cravings: gravy on Chicken McDo.

    i just compulsively bought 2 plain tees from Terranova this morning, even if I didn't need them, but just borne out of the lure of four letters and 3 digits: SALE 399.

    i'm flat broke (with a lot of money lost and unaccounted for) and payday is still a day away. ARG. i can imagine Chips shaking his head...

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    at least ikaw a day away.. ako parang a week away pa and it's already gone :)

    sigh. i wish i had a more regular bacon supply. they stopped frying here at home for health reasons daw. yeah, whatever. hehe

    oh, the next time you go to baguio, try the bacon at cafe by the ruins... it's not the thin, crispy kind but they cure it themselves and it's quite yummy :)

    da apester

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger