}
Monday, August 16, 2004
a burned-out moment
I've got concepts to do and a billings forecast to finish. My brain is shutting down. It doesn't want to budge. I try to punch in some numbers to make sense out of my brand's month by month spending... but nothing is happening. The calculator is staring back at me with a set of digits that begin to mean nothing to me. And because of my brain's lack of coherence, this post will just be a stalling post. No congruity whatsoever.

I want more Shawarma with Cheese. I got my taste last Friday, and I'm still craving. There's something about the beef. And the dressing. And the fact that it takes skill not to mess up while eating it (except for the little dribble of sauce on the corner of your mouth). I really love the Oceania CD. I highly recommend it, especially to those who enjoy the likes of Delirium and Enya. The words, though not in english, seem to move me. Maybe this is what they mean by music being a universal language. I love my mom! Yesterday, we went to ukay-ukay. It's so much fun. Me and my sister and my mom... just like a trio of girlfriends out for some fun. I love her even if it took a while for her to get that I'm a morena, not a mestiza (or as pale as her). I love her coz she's my fashion critic, my ka-chika, my source for make-up and advice. She's the sweetest thing. She brings Chips longganisa every time she comes home from Ilocos. I painted my toenails pink. They look so happy. They're kinda fuschia-ish. It was a spur of the moment. I was possessed by some pink-happy psycho. Bravo to our Sisterhood. My sister and I are opposites: she likes performing, I love being backstage. But we both like buko-pandan, ukay-ukay, and shoes. Makulit sya, ako hindi (masyado). We both are crazy about the Oceania CD. We have endless differences balanced off by quirky similarities. Yah. Glad to be Sistahs.

This is a picture of us heading home from Boracay. She's the one with the colors on her head. Currently my favorite picture of us. Sure looks like we got a lot of sun huh. I need to buy gym shorts. I want cheap ones. Something I can buy at SM or Landmark. Sana kung may oras lang. Maybe tomorrow, if I can just swiftly and invisibly head out to lunch at a far far away place... yeah right. I'm excited for my new free phone. My dad was entitled to a choice of free phones because of this loyalty thing from Globe. He gave me the honor of being the beneficiary. I chose the Sony-Ericsson k700i. Because it looked cool and techy, it's camera had 4x digital zoom, and because I didn't like the keypad of the Nokia 6230. I fear for the new interface I would need to adjust to, though. I wonder when the phone's gonna get delivered. The letter was faxed last week. How will I know if they got the fax? Should I refax it? Will they tell me if I need to fax it again? I think I should stop stalling now. Okay, back to work.


dezphaire strapped in @ 6:05 PM  

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow! san ung ukay-ukay na pinuntahan nyo?

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    k700i, hoowa! ganda nun :) don't worry about the interface - a couple of days and you'll be fine :) (hehe, halata bang ericsson user?)

    and i agree, bravo to your sisterhood :)

    apester

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    to anonymous - there's a huge ukay place in Anonas, beside St. Joseph's Church. and another one in the Araneta Center, in front of Mercury Drug. hehe.

    to apester - hehe. thanks for the encouragement on the phone. i can't wait! at ang sipag mag-hit ng "publish your comment button" ah :)

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha! hypersensitive trackpad :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks foz! -kateh pala ito. =)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger