}
Monday, March 14, 2005
huh, me?
I respond to two names. Unlike some people with nicknames, these aren't exactly interchangeable. My boss can't imagine calling me by my real name and I don't think my parents would ever call me by my nickname. To my co-workers and college friends (and some of my highschool friends) I am called Fozzy. And then to Chips, his and my family, and the rest of my friends, I go by my real name... (drumroll please) Anna. Yep. Can you fathom that. People who get to know what my real name is usually just stare at me with a raised eyebrow. Especially my clients. They come back to me with a big, bewildered "what?!?!".

Okay so let's go into the evolution of the nickname. It started when there were four Anna's in my senior high class. They started calling me AnnaFoz (Foz, being my middle name i.e. my mom's maiden name). Then it became AnnaFozzy then it was beheaded and just became what it is now.

The two names are worlds apart, they say. And to tell you frankly, sometimes it actually puzzles me. Such that am I more of one or the other? They say Anna sounds too sweet, too feminine. It sounds like a nice little girl. Okay. I can be nice, really. Fozzy, they say is more fitting. It's neither here nor there, it's unique and curious. It fits the vile and sarcastic personality. I don't know if I should take either analyses of my names as compliments or insults. Whatever. It's some kind of identity crisis. It's not very hard, except when I'm with someone who calls me by one name and another person would call me by the other. It then becomes slightly confusing, in some internally quiet way.

Okay now this post is getting confusing too. As wayward as wayward comes. My writer self is on a crisis, I guess. But then that's another post altogether.
dezphaire strapped in @ 2:11 PM  

3 Comments:

  • At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi anna / foz!
    i can relate.
    friends in the same barkada still use different names for me.

    my question: where did dezphaire come from?

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Anna. I'm Aurora;)

    Where did Dezphaire come from?

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger dezphaire said…

    noknok & luis: thanks for sharing. can you imagine a world without nicknames though? hehe.

    jojo: wow! aurora! like Sleeping Beauty. i always wanted that name when i was a kid.

    i had a post on the 'becoming of dezphaire' - i'll just tag it on the prized brews section :)

     

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sometimes bored. Most of the time oddly alive. Phobic of butterflies. Creatively suppressed. Hungry for coffee and shoes. This is my subconscious talking... at times interrupted by my reality.

previous stabs
top of the shelf
the closet
shop around
my shoebox
poetry & lit
reklamadorang ako
launch station
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dezphaire. Make your own badge here.
tag me

soundtrack of the moment
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea. Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis. But it's just the price to pay, Destiny is calling me. Open up my eager eyes 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside -- "Mr. Brightside" The Killers
notice
All words, verses and art are copyrighted to me unless otherwise specified. Authorization and reference required for any form of reproduction or use. Much thanks for your respect and support.
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Kukote Meets The Beauties
fashion dress up games

Powered by Blogger